* * UTG wins the pot (44,730) with a flush, King high

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel that you played this perfectly, if his cards had been face up i would have made the same bets you made. My guess is that, unfortunately, the way he would have counted his outs he would have had 15 making almost any call worthwhile since by his logic he is 60%+ to win w/ top pair.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The flop bet looks pretty good, trying to make sure he doesnt have the odds to chase his flush. On the turn i might have been inclined just to push all in then, representing strength while the flush isnt on the board, forcing him to decide how much he really wants to chase the flush. However likley as not he probably would have called as he figures hes got TP and 9outs for the flush.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the flaw in your play was the urgency. I don't think either of you needed to rush to judgment day here. You did, and through a stroke of unfortunate luck, met your maker with this hand.

Perhaps if you had not pushed, satisfied with the play for a healthy realignment of chips at this table, villain would have told you, via his bets, that he had hit the flush, giving you the opportunity for salvation.

Your play here would be more in line with a set than with 2 pair. Villain had to like his chances, and here it killed you.

My suggestion is to slow down some. Your game isn't over until your decisions say it is, and this decision, whilst not a terrible one, was deadly.

Many will argue about survival in this case stating EV. I prefer survival.

Gallo

Gallo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the feedback everyone (and the hand converter)
A couple hands before this one, Villain and I had a very similar hand in which he chased on a draw and missed. We eventually split a pot when we paired aces with king kicker.
Agree with you dj11, survival could have been on my mind

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you keep overbetting the pot? On the flop was OK I guess, still I think a good amount to bet is 1000 to 1500. Or you could try for a check raise. If the pot is 4300 on the turn, bet around 3000. As played on the river you had to call since you only had 6000 left and the pot was 16000.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your play was ok but your opponent has top pair and the second nut flush draw. I don't think you would be able to get him to fold.