Did I play this hand incorrectly??

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am wondering was my play incorrect for my position..Should I have folded, and if so, at what point???
Im o0DaGal0o ...with the AKo ..I and the other player were the only two left in the hand pre flop..(thought I'd mention that since the screenshot doesn't show the other players moves...) .. I would really appreciate some opinions...Thanks! This was in last weeks FeltStars 125,000 Sunday GTD, seventh hand...

Attachments

• anytwocards.jpg
    anytwocards.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like you wnet all in preflop so u didnt have a chance to fold. Still cant believe this guy called.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like you wnet all in preflop so u didnt have a chance to fold. Still cant believe this guy called.
Ya I was blown away! lol 72??? he was bullying the table and playing the maniac so I figured I most likely had him...but I figured wrong!
Still...should I have just folded instead of going all in when he raised my bet, even though I knew he was a maniac? I feel I played it correctly but I am definitly no pro and for sure, I lost my a double s!! lol thanks for the reply!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure what you mean by 'seventh hand'?
If this is the $109 buyin $125K Gtd. on Merge, when blinds are 250/500 (ante 50) you're on the 10th level which is 2.5hrs. into the tourney.

How I'd play this might depend on any History I've had vs. villain (previous blind battles, etc.). If villain is uber-aggressive & you think you can induce a shove by 3betting them here while on 23bb's.. then I'd probably raise to ~3,750 (or less if I felt it'd induce a shove... but typically I think less (~3k) looks stronger, like you're trying to induce a 4bet-shove.
Depending upon villain (& history) I'd likely just put the pile in over their raise 'but' if I felt I could get the result you got here (induce a 4bet-shove) then this is what I'm doing here (3bet to 3k-3.75k & then 'obviously' call the shove).

Not sure if serious when posting this HH? Maybe you were meaning to put it a different section of forum? I mean you're obviously calling here 100% & I'd think anything less than a shove here by HERO is obviously in hopes of inducing SB to get it in. So... what's the question?

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what you mean by 'seventh hand'?
If this is the $109 buyin $125K Gtd. on Merge, when blinds are 250/500 (ante 50) you're on the 10th level which is 2.5hrs. into the tourney.

How I'd play this might depend on any History I've had vs. villain (previous blind battles, etc.). If villain is uber-aggressive & you think you can induce a shove by 3betting them here while on 23bb's.. then I'd probably raise to ~3,750 (or less if I felt it'd induce a shove... but typically I think less (~3k) looks stronger, like you're trying to induce a 4bet-shove.
Depending upon villain (& history) I'd likely just put the pile in over their raise 'but' if I felt I could get the result you got here (induce a 4bet-shove) then this is what I'm doing here (3bet to 3k-3.75k & then 'obviously' call the shove).

Not sure if serious when posting this HH? Maybe you were meaning to put it a different section of forum? I mean you're obviously calling here 100% & I'd think anything less than a shove here by HERO is obviously in hopes of inducing SB to get it in. So... what's the question?
lol ..okay I must be wrong about the 7th hand...sorry :eek: but the question is did I play correctly or not ..I have been kickin myself in the butt ever since... It was the first time I was able to play a game with that amount of buy in so I had high hopes...lol . I have only been playing for close to two years so I'm still trying to figure alot of things out...and yes, I may have even posted this in the wrong place, but I am serious. I was really dissappointed and want to know if I played it right, even though I lost.... I do appreciate your input, thanks

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've already answered it above (maybe read it over again.... but skip the first part).
I could shorten it? ... to > 'YES'

or

'nh'

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well then thanks! I feel much better now!:)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to not be results orientated. By this, I mean, you got one of the worst hands to get it in v you with one of the best hands, so you played the hand fine. You can't control what happens when the cards run out, only how you play your hand. You played it perfectly, you can't control the rest.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands