did I play badly ??

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am new to poker... but I still wonder abou this hand...
can you please see if I did mistakes or if I played OK ?

i was a sng 1$ +020 at pokerstar...

Thank you

Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: coach7chris (1710 in chips)
Seat 2: PKV75 (3240 in chips)
Seat 4: mozzelman (1480 in chips)
Seat 5: PIANISTE (1450 in chips)
Seat 6: bigdog54 (1660 in chips)
Seat 7: feydreva (1460 in chips)
Seat 8: Roedy26 (1480 in chips)
Seat 9: M5hk7j4v (1020 in chips)
Roedy26: posts small blind 10
M5hk7j4v: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to feydreva [Qc Kd]
coach7chris: folds
PKV75: calls 20
mozzelman: folds
PIANISTE: folds
bigdog54: calls 20
feydreva: raises 20 to 40
Roedy26: folds
M5hk7j4v: calls 20
PKV75: calls 20
bigdog54: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [3c 4s 5c]
M5hk7j4v: checks
PKV75: checks
bigdog54: checks
feydreva: bets 60
M5hk7j4v: calls 60
PKV75: folds
bigdog54: folds
*** TURN *** [3c 4s 5c] [3h]
M5hk7j4v: checks
feydreva: bets 80
M5hk7j4v: calls 80
*** RIVER *** [3c 4s 5c 3h] [6h]
M5hk7j4v: bets 420
feydreva: calls 420
*** SHOW DOWN ***
M5hk7j4v: shows [2s Kh] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
feydreva: mucks hand
M5hk7j4v collected 1290 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1290 | Rake 0
Board [3c 4s 5c 3h 6h]
Seat 1: coach7chris folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: PKV75 folded on the Flop
Seat 4: mozzelman folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: PIANISTE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: bigdog54 folded on the Flop
Seat 7: feydreva (button) mucked [Qc Kd]
Seat 8: Roedy26 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: M5hk7j4v (big blind) showed [2s Kh] and won (1290) with a straight, Deuce to Six

KingQuadDaddy

KingQuadDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you did. KQ 3rd to act behind 2 limpers and you only min raise. Raise 20 into a pot with 70 in it with 3 more to act. Including the Blinds and limpers. Prolly should of bumped it to like 120. You could of played post flop 2 different ways since it didnt hit you. You could of played passive and seen if anyone bet out or you could lead which you did but for LESS THAN HALF the pot size. Pot is now at 250 and the board pairs and you bet a third of pot. Now to the other person hes gettin 4 to 1 on money with an open ended str8 draw. When river hits he makes a pot size bet, and you have nothing. You dont even have enough chips in the pot to be pot committed. You have to lay it down.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't bet enough on any street, except the river, where you telegraphed a bluff.

TheJace

TheJace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I would raise this to $120 as well, 4xBB + BBxLimpers. Maybe even up to $160 since people in these micro limits are willing to call a lot of raises with just about anything. If you're gonna bluff on this flop I'd bet 2/3rds of the pot but I probably would just check since they will call with anything anyway since this is micro limits. Same thing on the turn and the call on the river is horrible I don't see how you called this as you only have King high and even a mere pair of fives has you beat here (which he would play since this is micro limit).

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoa I got confused.
You called the river?
Yeah, that's just bad, amigo.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think it's mostly been said above. I'd say there's some good ideas on the early rounds, the execution just needs some work.

Playing that hand the button against the blinds and a couple of limpers is OK, but it needed to be raised a lot more. Against, one, maybe two players, you're in decent shape if you get a good flop. Against more than that, you're probably in bad shape. All the minraise did was give everyone else in the hand really good odds to stay in the pot. 3BB + 1BB for each limper is the general rule, I'd bet somewhere around that. Jace's rationale is fine too though.

That flop was terrible for you too, but it's been checked to you so taking a stab at it is reasonable. Again, you want to bet more than you did though. Something about half to two thirds of the pot, maybe. Remember you don't have a hand and you don't have a draw, so you'd like to take this down right now.

Once you've C-bet the flop and been called (especially against the big blind, who could've been holding any awful cards and stuck around), I'd want a really good read that the player would fold to continued pressure before I kept betting. In the absence of that, I'd be giving up here.

Calling the river was definitely a mistake though - all you can beat is a queen-high bluff. You've actually been offered a chance to fold with dignity, I'd have taken it.

F

feydreva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you to help me understanding my mistake :)

The only to progress is to get his mistake explained :)