Did I misplay this hand?

Reefdiver

Reefdiver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To preface this Villain2 was a LAG and had been caught a few times with big bluffs.

Hand #50568244-15 at SnG-4309159 (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)
Started at 07/Feb/08 12:50:58

Stacks:
- reefdiver12 with 2665 - Villain1 with 5175 - Villain2 with 1160

reefdiver12 posts the small blind of 15.
thomasat1 posts the big blind of 30.

reefdiver12: Jd As
Villain1: -- --
Villain2: -- --

Pre-flop:

Villain2 folds. reefdiver12 raises to 90. Villain1 re-raises to 270. reefdiver12 calls.
index.pl

index.pl

Site: UltimateBet
Flop:
ac.gif
ks.gif
3c.gif

* - Hero bets 540. Villain1 calls.
Turn:
ts.gif

* - Hero bets 1620. Villain1 calls.
River:
qc.gif

* - Hero goes all-in for 235. Villain1 calls.
Results:
* - Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:
* - Hero shows :
jd.gif
as.gif

* - thomasat1 shows :
kd.gif
kh.gif

* - Showdown: Game No : 50568244-15 Summary: * Hand History for Game 50568244-15 Summary: Hero wins 5330 with straight, ace high.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably should have raise again preflop but other than that you just got unlucky and normally you're doubling up here.

Reefdiver

Reefdiver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the preface I should have said Villain1 was the LAG not Villain2. Also, Villain1 was the BB

I actually won the hand so I got very lucky. I am just curious if I was too aggressive w/ the AJ in the SB.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry man. Should have payed more attention to those RIF commercials as a kid (you know reading is fundamental). You got extremely lucky.

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your pre-flop and flop play was good but when he kept calling, you might have bet the same amount as you did on the flop instead of 1600.

If he's aggressive he might have re-raised an you would know that he had a monster hand and you could still walk away from the hand.

Of course his constant calling looked like he was on a draw as well but for all you knew he could have been drawing to the flush.

NuRelic

NuRelic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably should have raise again preflop but other than that you just got unlucky and normally you're doubling up here.

The write up is a little hard to understand and when I read the aboard post, I had to do a double take on the original write up.

Anyway, I don't understand the advice about Re-Raising Pre-Flop with AJo even though he had position (in fact PRIMARILY because he had position). He's going to get all the information he needs to figure out how to play it Post-Flop, so continuing to push Pre-flop makes little sense and this hand is a good example of why it's a bad idea. If he does push, thomasat1 is libel to shove back with an All-In and calling an All-In with AJo is just soooo wrong. He's better off to just call this one and see where he's at after the Flop.

Nice job Reefdiver!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought he was the one with KK, hence my recommendation to raise again.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands