Did I make a good laydown

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
our first league event of season 4 was saturday. I won the Tournament of Champions at the end of may, so i was looking to make a good showing in front of 15 new guys to the league. Made it to the final table, then the final 4, with 3 new guys, when this thinker/stinker came up...

UTG 34k
button (ME) 23k i have (8 8)
sb 20k
bb 24k

blinds are 500/1000, utg raises to 4000, i wait a few and make the call. SB folds, and BB quick move allin. he has pushed allin at FT with KK, 55, AJ, 66, only move he knows with any good cards. so UTG thinks and folds. and i TANK, at least 4 min and FOLD.

was this good?? i thought it thru and put him on of course big cards, coinflip. and what might u think UTG and he were holding??

I later went out in 4th with AK sooted in SB for allin 15k and sb had 99 and they held..:mad: overplayed the idiot hand again!!!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't like your initial preflop call. either shove or fold there.

M

MI_Snowdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks like a call...but i'd have either pushed or folded pre flop as well

to me it looks like a steal after a raise and "just a call". this is a classic squeeze play.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG had AJ, BB had AQ sooted..

we had a dedicated dealer and guy shuffling another deck. after i laid down, he rifled the board with only him looking. He told me later after i busted that the guy wouldve hit Q on river. nice 5 outer...:eek:

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how you can overplay AKs 4-handed w/ 15bbs. My first guess for utg to raise/fold was at best AJ, push is better ace or a pair and with eights obv you're worried over/under. 2/4 prev pushes were unders, 1 over and a race...atleast with AKs you almost knew you weren't crushed.

Last edited:
Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i call it overplayed when it dont hit

:rolleyes: ...used for smirkish smile not eyerolling purposes. Looks different than when its chosen, why is that? Actually, the orig. looks kind of like your avatar

Last edited: