Did I blow this?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: Did I blow this by not making my first pre-flop UTG raise bigger? :confused: (I was afraid to raise more from UTG for fear of AA or KK AND wanted to get more chips from iffy hands.) Or did I just run into some loose chasers? :confused:

(No Limit Hold'em)Started at 26/Nov/05 01:02:32

big1dog is at seat 0 with $9.80.
Wilder Willy is at seat 1 with $15.45.
kistic is at seat 2 with $6.40.
EasierMoney is at seat 3 with $13.25.
DELTASIGDZ is at seat 4 with $27.35.
IndyColtFan is at seat 5 with $30.65.
MrSticker is at seat 6 with $7.45.
AKHigh is at seat 7 with $17.75.
Vinny Kid is at seat 8 with $27.70.
fulltiltvirge is at seat 9 with $12.
The button is at seat 3.

DELTASIGDZ posts the small blind of $.10.
IndyColtFan posts the big blind of $.25.

big1dog: -- --
Wilder Willy: -- --
kistic: -- --
EasierMoney: -- --
DELTASIGDZ: -- --
IndyColtFan: -- --
MrSticker: Qd Qh :cool:
AKHigh: -- --
Vinny Kid: -- --
fulltiltvirge: -- --

Pre-flop:
MrSticker raises to $.50.

AKHigh folds. Vinny Kid folds.

fulltiltvirge calls.
big1dog folds. Wilder Willy folds. kistic folds.

EasierMoney calls.
DELTASIGDZ re-raises to $2.75.

IndyColtFan folds.

MrSticker goes all-in for $7.45.
fulltiltvirge folds.
EasierMoney calls.
DELTASIGDZ goes all-in for $27.35.
EasierMoney goes all-in for $13.25.

DELTASIGDZ is returned $14.10 (uncalled).

Flop (board: 2c Tc 6s):
Turn (board: 2c Tc 6s 5c):
River (board: 2c Tc 6s 5c Ad): (Rivered again!):mad:

Showdown:

DELTASIGDZ shows Ac Kh.
DELTASIGDZ has Ac Kh Tc 6s Ad: a pair of aces.
MrSticker shows Qd Qh.
MrSticker has Qd Qh Tc 6s Ad: a pair of queens.
EasierMoney shows Kc Js.
EasierMoney has Kc Js Tc 6s Ad: ace high.

DELTASIGDZ wins the main pot $21.95 with a pair of aces.
DELTASIGDZ wins the side pot $11.05 with a pair of aces.

Thanks in advance!

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing to quibble with really. You got your money in preflop with the best hand and yes you ran into some loose cannons. You wanted to be heads up with your queens. Actually if you knew what everybody had preflop then you HAD to play the hand the way you did which means in the long run you win! If you can't run with the one of the top 3 tarting hands in poker then you should pickup the exciting game of Go-Fish! ;) You did fine other than the results, your opponents pushed allin after you did IMHO you played it the "best" way you could.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way too small. UTG with QQ, heads up agianst A-X or a lower pair is what I'm aiming for. Not defining your hand with a 3-4xBB bet is the same as slow playing your Q's. Your min raise along with your comparatvely small chip stack almost guaranteed a multi way pot. Aside from you'r initial bet, you played the hand about as well as you could have but things worked out about as bad as the could have. Any Ace or King on the board had you beat.
Given the size of your bet, DELTA's raise could have meant anything. Easiermoney (I've played with this guy) had no business in this hand. Some people live for the suck-out. After your All-In, DELTA knew you had a hand but he was getting 2:1 odds to call.

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again I must stress the only time you want to be minraising preflop is in a tournament situation where minraises are enough to steal, either because the table is super-tight or the blinds are huge relative to everyone's stack sizes.

KillerKat

KillerKat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MrSticker said:
Question: Did I blow this by not making my first pre-flop UTG raise bigger? :confused: (I was afraid to raise more from UTG for fear of AA or KK AND wanted to get more chips from iffy hands.) Or did I just run into some loose chasers? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Minraising is just asking for trouble, especially with a premium hand like QQ. Your aim is to slim down the field, not "to get more chips from iffy hands". Thats just too dangerous. Iffy hands can hit massive hands.

You say you were afraid to raise more from utg for fear of AA or KK, You cant look at it that way, ok it can happen but you gotta take your chances when you can, premium hands dont come round that often. :)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have raised a lot more preflop although it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome that much.

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make it $1 preflop.

QQ wins 55% of the time against AK, o well... not this time.