Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do you have an actual hand history that you can plug into the hand replayer instead? This is kind of hard to follow.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you were the SB, I think you played it perfectly. If you were the UTG+1, I think you just got unlucky.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Often calling from SB with a speculative hand is a losing strategy, but here you are very deep, and therefore I dont mind it.

Flop
You flopped a 15 out draw, which mean, you are slightly ahead of an overpair, so you are happy to stack off right now. But you also have 6 high, so you have no showdown value at all, and if you can get both opponents to fold and take it down right now, thats a great outcome. And for those reasons I prefer to check-raise rather than just check-call.

Turn
Thats obviously a pretty massive bink, and now the question is only, how do you get the most value. As in the other hand, you shared, it makes a lot of sense to lead out, because so often a hand like an overpair will check back now. But its not folding, especially not if it has a diamond. You could also check-raise, and maybe that was your intention. However when he bet full pot, it seems like, he must have something, or he is on a wild bluff. So because of his sizing I am on board with just calling.

River
The only reason to check-call the turn is to give him a chance to hang himself on the river, so as played definitely check again.

Results
What a cooler. Nice to be on the good side of it :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it called luck and you are lucky or a pro game?
I don't really understand all this