I call for 100
CO calls for 100
BU (aggressive) raises to 350
Everyone that called before also calls the raise for 250 x 4 = 1000

Pot = 1750

Flop 8s9dAs

We checked around to the button who bet 700

Pot = 2450

1st and 2nd caller fold. I go all-in for 9150 being that I had 14 outs on the flop giving me about 56% chance of hitting my hand by the river. CO folds and BU reluctantly calls with AdQd.

BU was ahead on the the flop with Aces but made a flush with running diamonds.

Was this a bad play? Any constructive thoughts?

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well it worked out this time. I would probably not have been in it from the beginning, but once I am in it, I do try to be a bit aggressive.

Good luck to you,
Brian

1Player

1Player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why 9150 on a 2450 pot? Trying to get them both to fold? Just the CO?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With Ks9s, I think you should fold because you see players rising and rising which means that something strong will appear. It is not wrong play because you had a target which it simply did not occure.

S

SIMON111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your decisions pre flop doesn't really matter when it comes to your decision on the flop. Although playing K9 suited in a multiway pot can be tricky. I think personally you should not have moved all in, you had good pot odds just to call the 700 and then make another decision on the turn. If you put your opponent on an Ace then he would call your all in. You want to keep him in the pot so you can draw out with good pot odds. Do you really want get him off the pot in that position.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just call, why all in? and generally limp pre-flop I do not like ... I do not play like that, but this is my opinion)

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just call the 700 , you are quite deep to check shove that flop u only get call from strong hands there . call the 700 and see the decision on the turn he might bet small and u can call one more street

D

DeadRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a huge fan of the shove you’re deep. I would’ve called on the flop possibly gotten the CO to call another bet and if you did miss you could always get away from your hand or bluff at it if you missed. Luckily it worked out.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have folded pre flop..however, as you didn't..i would just call and go from there...he's probably not folding an ace to a shove...unless maybe there is icm involved..

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just throw out a map before the flop.

T

TwinRulers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why 9150 on a 2450 pot? Trying to get them both to fold? Just the CO?

Yes, I was trying to get them to fold. After I wrote it down I asked myself the same question and seeing other responses I could have made a better decision. All part of getting better. Thanks for your input.

T

TwinRulers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your decisions pre flop doesn't really matter when it comes to your decision on the flop. Although playing K9 suited in a multiway pot can be tricky. I think personally you should not have moved all in, you had good pot odds just to call the 700 and then make another decision on the turn. If you put your opponent on an Ace then he would call your all in. You want to keep him in the pot so you can draw out with good pot odds. Do you really want get him off the pot in that position.

I agree with this and after I thought it through, it made more sense to do just that. Thanks for the feedback

T

TwinRulers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all that have replied to my post. Calling would have been the better option as everyone seems to pretty much agree. Myself included. To clear up any confusion that may have been in my original post. The person on the Button was ahead with Aces on the flop and improved to a flush with running diamonds.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have middle pair and a flush draw. There is no need to shove. Just a call or min raise should play better here. I'm not going crazy with a pair, in the middle. I'm going to get to that river as cheap as I can.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were right to stay in, but I would have been wary going all in -- although it did work out in your favor that time. The other player(s) obviously had something strong going for them. Congrats on that win!

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have folded pre, but definitely folded to the raisers.

there's no way i would have gone all in on nothing but draws especially to bet 3 times the pot to do it

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my point that I'll add is that people are more willing to call a shove when there are still cards to come so always try to size your bets so you can shove when the river comes whether it be for value or a bluff its a lot harder to call all 3 streets than it is to only have to make one decision

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 50/100I'm in HJ, 9500 chips with Ks9s
2 calls in front 100 each
I call for 100
CO calls for 100

Pot = 1750

Flop 8s9dAs

Pot = 2450

1st and 2nd caller fold. I go all-in for 9150 being that I had 14 outs on the flop giving me about 56% chance of hitting my hand by the river. CO folds and BU reluctantly calls with AdQd.

I don't think check/raise all-in is the right play here. Why did you check on the flop? With the plan of re-raising any bet all-in or with to see a free turn card?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Blinds 50/100I'm in HJ, 9500 chips with Ks9s
2 calls in front 100 each
I call for 100
CO calls for 100

Pot = 1750

Flop 8s9dAs

Pot = 2450

Hello! You bluffed pretty seriously and caught you! In my opinion you should check the flop, turn and river to make it clear if you have a flush! And then eventually if you have a flush to go All-in!