UTG calls [50]
Total folds this street: 5
Potsize: 475
Flop:
8♣ 9♣ 7♣
UTG: checks
MP1: checks
Hero ????

I was very unsure how to play this post-flop after this suited coordinated board... Thanks for any suggestions...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to pot it here. With your shortish stack you want to try to get it AI and even if you are behind a made flush or ST8 you have a lot of outs to the FH.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, what are you trying to accomplish with the min bet preflop? I cant imagine it will get anyone out of the hand, and with your position I just dont see the reasoning.

I think you have to bet here, even with the straight flush possible if anything to see where you are at, if you get reraised reassess the situation. With so many people in the pot you may be beat here and need the board to pair.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, what are you trying to accomplish with the min bet preflop?

Hero is MP2 and MP1 made the min bet that MP2 called, presumably for set value or low flop which he got except it was 3 clubs and a 3 ST8.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I apologize I misread, the call is understandable.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Jilly here, your short stacked and have made a set. Yes the flush is on the table but theyve checked round to you so presumably at least one of thems not on the flush. What are your reads on the players, do they slow play big hands? If you get caught by the flush never mind.. :)

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably have the best hand now but there are so many turn and river cards that can beat you that you're probably an underdog to win the hand. And you may be shortstacked but your M is huge so you're under no pressure from the blinds. So imo you should check behind and if a blank comes on the turn call, or if they both check on a blank turn make a big bet.

G

goterps7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So what wound up happening was I check called the turn which came King of clubs, so i was ready to fold to a bet... Both me and the guy who bet the flop checked and the river came K of spades, giving me my full house I bet about 1/2 of the pot and the guy came over the top of me and put me all-in... I call and take the pot...

I know that knowing the result alters people's opinions, but was i right to check call the flop???

And after the K of clubs came on the turn, if villian had bet, would you have folded?

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what wound up happening was I check called the turn which came King of clubs, so i was ready to fold to a bet... Both me and the guy who bet the flop checked and the river came K of spades, giving me my full house I bet about 1/2 of the pot and the guy came over the top of me and put me all-in... I call and take the pot...

I know that knowing the result alters people's opinions, but was i right to check call the flop???(Not really, you opened it up to give someone a chance to bluff the pot or catch up, I for one will always bet my set even when the flop is flushed, the odds of someone having a flopped flush are slim)

And after the K of clubs came on the turn, if villian had bet, would you have folded?
By the time the Kc came out I would be pot committed so then no, I would not fold because of the amounts of outs I still have.

W

wobuffet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, you cannot make the variance-reducing line of (call flop, bet turn big if plausible draws miss) due to your stacksize.

As played it seems fine; and shoving is fine so you don't not get paid off if villian misses draw(s).