Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably folding preflop is best. A5o if you hit the ace is in a lot of trouble if someone else has the ace. I can see why you bet the flop and turn but by the time the river hit what did you think you were beating? Almost any ace has you and he called 2 bets already. I would have checked the river at the least and most likely check the turn as well.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally I'd probably just fold pre.... it really depends upon the limper's tendancies.
Maybe raise to isolate the limper (but are we happy to call off a LRRAI in this spot? as it would knock us down a bunch which takes away from our ability to pick off bounties.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop raise or preflop fold. I would prefer preflop fold vs limp on UTG.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Optimal play here was a fold. You're holding a weak ace with one one limper in the pot. Your choice to also limp led to 5 players in the pot. A5 off suit in a 5-way pot is a recipe for disaster. And, you had a huge stack sitting on your left. You had no way to play that hand correctly when you limped. Folding was the best option however, you didn't mention any other details. Perhaps the bubble was near? So, if you decide you must enter the pot the better play was a raise of at least 3x.

Hindsight tells us the button would call and the others would fold. When you make a continuation bet you are hoping the button does not have an ace. because if he does you are trouble. Once the button calls you shut down and check the turn and fold to any bet. Option 2 loses chips that you probably could not afford so you were basically gambling and not playing strategically. Fold that weak ace next time.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with others that folding pre flop is probably best but raising is an option. The problem with this hand is exactly what happens. You can hit top pair and still not be good. If we are playing hands where even when we hit it we are still guessing we normally will be in trouble. Raising her gives you information but also is a price to pay. Folding is the play unless you were short stacked and then of course its just let it rip.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise or fold preflop - just know if you play the hand one way or another you have to go with it when you hit top pair or better. Point is you have 22bb to start the hand and cannot afford to simply call/raise in and fold when you flop top pair or better.

I would raise in to about 1100 - 1300, fold to any and all 3bets, and I would check flop once I hit top pair with a crappy kicker. If anyone bets at the pot after the check, I am jamming my top pair and going with my hand as said before.

How do we avoid this spot? Just fold preflop...we allowed this hand to play out the way it did. You butchered the betting and when you bet into that many opponents on the flop generally only better is calling you, so I would check/call turn and check /fold river - if you do not decide to go with you hand - which I still think is a poor strategy. We played a rag Ax with 22bb, if we dont go with it when we hit an Ace, then what do we need to hit to go with it?? And if we are worried about other Ax or kickers, then why we did play this hand to begin with??

I hope some of this makes sense lol.

Conclusion - raise or fold - if we do play the hand and see a flop, when we hit top pair or better, we need to go with our hand and get it all in. We are simply too short to fold when we flop strong - remember we put ourselves in that situation so you have to be ok with your results.

This doesn't mean you made the wrong choice - sometimes you are going to lose/get called even when it was the correct play. You must be ok with that and move on. Good luck!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many have said, just fold preflop. If it folded around to you on BTN, you could try to steal the blinds with a small raise. But when an 11BB stack has limped into the pot, you need to raise your standards. Any isolation raise commit you against him, and your hand is just not good enough.

W

Wujiale

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but every action you took I spurted out NO. As many have said, it really is a fold -pre.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The error is in the pre-flop. I don't call A5 off with this stack size, especially in a bounty tournament and with a giant villain to my left. I would only open this hand if I was in late position. GL GL

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, but it seemed to me that you are a very lucky player .. if you get a royal flash twice in a tournament .. such luck, and even for the tournament ... you need to play poker .. maybe you’re even more lucky
:angel:

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you really over valued your hand here A5o pre flop is not a good flat hand, you should 3bet fold vs shove pre or just fold.

Given preflop call, I don't mind leading the flop but for around 25% however checking would be optimal. As it was a limped multi way pot when someone calls behind on such a dry board to a 50% pot they usually just have us beat here and we can go into check mode and try and get a cheap showdown. If he bets we just fold.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

They were aceing you. Getting you horny on an ace that wasnt do. Ace rag wins about one fifth of the time. You just won with ace rag didnt you. Fold preflop unless your in the fifth sixth time with ace rag when your do time do to win.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sorry, but it seemed to me that you are a very lucky player .. if you get a royal flash twice in a tournament .. such luck, and even for the tournament ... you need to play poker .. maybe you’re even more lucky
:angel:

Yea, I'm really love poker, but about my luck...:rolleyes:

Hope it will be more often in my future tournaments

Thanks and good luck too ;)

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you really over valued your hand here A5o pre flop is not a good flat hand, you should 3bet fold vs shove pre or just fold.

Given preflop call, I don't mind leading the flop but for around 25% however checking would be optimal. As it was a limped multi way pot when someone calls behind on such a dry board to a 50% pot they usually just have us beat here and we can go into check mode and try and get a cheap showdown. If he bets we just fold.

Very often when there is an ace on the flop villaine try to bluff contbet even without ace on hand or with weakest kicker and main problem how to identify that bluff.

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often when there is an ace on the flop villaine try to bluff contbet even without ace on hand or with weakest kicker and main problem how to identify that bluff.
When you are multi way (And 5 handed!!!) and you bet half pot on flop and he floats with 3 people left to act behind him, he will never have a bluff in this spot.