How did I Screw this up,,??lol

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok the first pic should be after 150 hands,, 2nd. pic is after i knocked myself out,, 3rd. pic is me finishing 22nd. Out of the money by 4 spots, only paid 18 places,, what did i do wrong,?? Take to many Vicodins, LOL, What i want is feedback on my Stats,in Lower right corner, Anyone care to comment?? Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:cool: :D

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 5
  • stats 2.JPG
    stats 2.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ended.JPG
    ended.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 5
KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's really no way to tell without hand histories.

And sometimes, there's nothing wrong with going out just before the money. It can be a sign of playing properly aggressively trying to win.

juz2swt

juz2swt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What did you go out on we need a little more info like hand history..

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i did good till after the 2nd. break, i was chip leader almost the whole time, then i took a big hit to my chips, then, i had noticed that one of the players was a bluffer, i got A K clubs,, i raised and he went allin, so i called him, he was bluffin but he caught a straight,and i was out,, seems like everything went down hill after the second break,,, i will try that tourney again though, its a $2,000 guarantee with 5,000 starting chips, cost $12. to get in it,, im thinking i should have tightened up when we got close to the money, paid 18 places, and 18th. was $24. next time ill play it a bit different,, i thought my Stats were ok, but i dont pay much attention to stats,, was curious what you guys thought,, well im tired ,so im off till tomorrow,,, GL & good cards to all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you are almost out of chips or the tournament has a very weird payout structure, never tighten up just to make the money. You need to be even more aggressive.

One final table, or top 3, is worth many small cashes.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i did good till after the 2nd. break, i was chip leader almost the whole time, then i took a big hit to my chips, then, i had noticed that one of the players was a bluffer, i got A K clubs,, i raised and he went allin, so i called him, he was bluffin but he caught a straight,and i was out,, seems like everything went down hill after the second break,,, i will try that tourney again though, its a $2,000 guarantee with 5,000 starting chips, cost $12. to get in it,, im thinking i should have tightened up when we got close to the money, paid 18 places, and 18th. was $24. next time ill play it a bit different,, i thought my Stats were ok, but i dont pay much attention to stats,, was curious what you guys thought,, well im tired ,so im off till tomorrow,,, GL & good cards to all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buck:)

Would like to point somethig out, when its close to itm everybody tightens up, this is when you make your chips by stealing unless you are really short stacked.

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would like to point somethig out, when its close to itm everybody tightens up, this is when you make your chips by stealing unless you are really short stacked.
looking back to yesterday i think i should have tightened up, Ya bob your rite, but i wasnt short stacked, still had about eh,, i think over 15,000 chips, not sure though, but i was doing great and then it was like a balloon blowing up, Everything just Unraveled,,and im not sure why, buck:)

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`d like a comment on the Stats in the lower left hand corner of the screen, are they Good or Bad ??? i know Freddy P and Chucky are into Stats, i think, and maybe Rex too, so im curious to know what you guys thing,, etc. Hands Played, Flops seen etc. buck:)

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stats are based on 224 hands. They can't be good, bad or indifferent, because there isn't a large enough sample-size to tell.

You are being too results-oriented. Yes, you bubbled out. That's going to happen. Good players bubble out. If you want to make money long-term at MTT, floating into the cash is just not the way to do it. Putting yourself in position for the occasional big score is.

I don't know the payout structure for that specific tournament, but here's a similar MT SNG from Stars:

$10+1 NL Holdem, 180 players.

If you just barely cash (18th place), you make $21.60
9th is worth $30.60 (these keep going up from here, but I'm going to skip ahead a little bit)
5th is worth $117
3rd is worth $214.20
1st is worth $540

Your goal should *not* be to just float into the money. One top-half final table is worth five and a half "barely cashed"s. One top-three is worth 10, and if you take it down you've made more than 25 times the amount you make from just merely cashing.

If you are getting close to the money and just tighten up, you will probably find yourself with a much smaller chip stack heading into the final two or three tables, and you will need to get lucky just to make the final table, let alone be able to do anything when you get there.

What if you have two choices: A 50 percent chance of making the final table as a top-2 in chips and a 50 percent chance of busting out before the money, or a 80% chance of barely making the money, a 10% chance of squeezing into the final table and going out 9th and a 10% chance of hitting the final table in top-2 position?

The first scenario is much, much more profitable. You make your money in MTTs from big finishes, not from consistently squeezing into the money. The different between entering the FT as chip leader and entering the FT in 9th is worth the risk of busting out.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got your PM Buck,

These guys gave some pretty good advice. The stats you have there don't mean much since it's only over one tournament, but they look fine to me.

I think what's more important is how you played your hands - maybe post some hand histories of the nastier hands and we can take a look.

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got your PM Buck,

These guys gave some pretty good advice. The stats you have there don't mean much since it's only over one tournament, but they look fine to me.

I think what's more important is how you played your hands - maybe post some hand histories of the nastier hands and we can take a look.
ok Thanks chuck,, them stats are about the same every game i play,, was just curious of what you & others thought,,, next time ill post some hand histories,, Thanks Everybody for your thoughts on this,, buck:cool: