pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Why do you go all-in for 75bb?

Middle pairs (like 88) are typically calling hands this deep to a single raise.

In case you 3-bet for isolation of the small stack in CO - make a normal re-raise.

If BB decides to 4-bet or go all-in after your 3-bet you have to fold if he isn't a total maniac.

If you just call and he 3-bets it depends on the pot size and how much he 3-bets if you should call and play poker. You have position on him and a pretty good middle pair so you can call a 3-bet more times than OOP.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol. If I were BB, I would've folded pocket tens.

You gain nothing playing like that. Isolating is one thing. Overplaying is another.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand horribly. Poker isn't just shoving your stack in the middle whenever you have some equity.

In this particular case I would probably 3Bet to 10BB and fold to a shove from the BB. Having 75BB is a gift and your job is to preserve that big stack, not risk it on a pair of 8's.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So since this is a bounty builder i might play this hand like this as well. Bounty builders are tricky, if you decided for a re raise here BB would probably put you on all in, you would probably fold if this wasn’t a bounty builder. So well played, from where i stand

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How big was the bounty? How late in the mtt? How are the blinds been playing by now? Why would you just shove over 4bb jam? Don't do that

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played the hand horribly. Poker isn't just shoving your stack in the middle whenever you have some equity.

In this particular case I would probably 3Bet to 10BB and fold to a shove from the BB. Having 75BB is a gift and your job is to preserve that big stack, not risk it on a pair of 8's.
I agree 100% with you!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is easy to give advice when all cards are revealed. Nevertheless, you made a mistake risking the 75BB stack for the dubious gain of 4BB + 1BB + 1SB. The player in the big blind is also not perfect, but in this situation he is still a favorite. You are in a zugzwang position. BB would try to squeeze you out of the game for any of your actions and most likely everything would end with the same all-in. But in your case, the villain’s hand was closed to you. You should just call the preflop raiser bet and, depending on the size of the re-raise from the side of the BB, make the right decision. I think it would be an easy fold, and with a good deal, you could see the flop for cheap.

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you go all-in for 75bb?

Middle pairs (like 88) are typically calling hands this deep to a single raise.

In case you 3-bet for isolation of the small stack in CO - make a normal re-raise.

If BB decides to 4-bet or go all-in after your 3-bet you have to fold if he isn't a total maniac.

If you just call and he 3-bets it depends on the pot size and how much he 3-bets if you should call and play poker. You have position on him and a pretty good middle pair so you can call a 3-bet more times than OOP.

75bb is such a strong stack to just blow it with a pair of 8s. This post is the exact way you should have played it.

E

Emmothecat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with what most are saying, definitely put in a 3 bet as opposed to a shove. There are some players who play differently and play a wider range of hands just because it is a bounty builder. If BB shoves after your 3 bet you then have options to either call or fold (I'm folding if it's me and that's how the action goes), and still have a healthy stack.

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play bounty builders too.
But shen playing this kind of tourneys I try to forget its a bounty builder, specially at the begining. I prefer to build a good stack and then eliminate players with bigger bounties!
As its a bounty builder I expect many players calling or shoving with not so strong hands. people take more risks in this game.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think your mind was oriented to take the 4bb player bounty thay you played it too fast and forget about the size of your stack 75 bb is too deep to risk it in spot like that

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! How many blinds did the bb have? You had a rather large 75bb stack, the best solution is to call or 3bet to 12bb.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK vs 77 K477J

75 BB
KK 3-BET pre-flop Flop K47 I bet 1/2 pot villan call Turn 7 I bet pot villan call River J villan bet pot I race villan all in I call.
Surprice! he had Quads😞.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KT vs 33

Me, 33 Pre-flop raised 2BB flop T33 KJ bet bet all in.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
11$ Bounty Builder
PREFLOP
CO go all in with 4BB
BTM (me) go all in with 75BB
BB call

CO 44