shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shortstakatak -- Hero
Neeko -- Villian

full tilt poker Game #7131434812: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (54202922), Table 5 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:14:16 ET - 2008/07/08
Seat 1: ashton71 (1,090), is sitting out
Seat 2: MrsMow (5,820)
Seat 3: coasters (1,470), is sitting out
Seat 5: Neeko (4,880)
Seat 6: Pappypop (3,580)
Seat 8: shortstakatak (12,630)
Seat 9: Diamonds316 (38,830)
ashton71 posts the small blind of 100
MrsMow posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to shortstakatak [Ks Ac]
coasters folds
Neeko calls 200
Pappypop folds
shortstakatak raises to 900
Diamonds316 folds
ashton71 folds
MrsMow has 15 seconds left to act
MrsMow folds
Neeko calls 700
*** FLOP *** [Qh 7s Jh]
Neeko checks
shortstakatak has 15 seconds left to act
shortstakatak checks
*** TURN *** [Qh 7s Jh] [Tc]
Neeko bets 2,100
shortstakatak raises to 4,200
Neeko calls 1,880, and is all in
shortstakatak shows [Ks Ac]
Neeko shows [Ah Th]
Uncalled bet of 220 returned to shortstakatak
*** RIVER *** [Qh 7s Jh Tc] [2h]
shortstakatak shows a straight, Ace high
Neeko shows a flush, Ace high
Neeko wins the pot (10,060) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10,060 | Rake 0
Board: [Qh 7s Jh Tc 2h]
Seat 1: ashton71 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: MrsMow (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: coasters didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Neeko showed [Ah Th] and won (10,060) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: Pappypop didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: shortstakatak showed [Ks Ac] and lost with a straight, Ace high
Seat 9: Diamonds316 (button) didn't bet (folded)

Hookt4eva

Hookt4eva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K8

ther nothing you can do ther ur a victim of sircumstances in that position
specially with a str8/flush in the board good try mate:cool: :deal:

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would you want to do anything different. You got it all in with a better than 4 to one fav..Most of the time u prevail. That guy just made donk call and got lucky on ya.

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you thank you. I need to hear that. I did tell him well played and not to change a thing. ;)

Michael69

Michael69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did the right thing. Didn't have to change anything. You hit a str8, and got your opponent to call an all in bet. If I was him, I wouldn't have called all in to try and hit a flush, even if it is I think 7 outs? (Idk how the out system works..) i wouldn't have called.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was him, I wouldn't have called all in to try and hit a flush, even if it is I think 7 outs? (Idk how the out system works..) i wouldn't have called.

Serious? You would have folded and left yourself with 1,880 chips (when tournament leader had 38,800) rather than try and catch one of your outs (9 for the flush, plus the 4 kings for the straight, plus possibly 2 tens for a set and 3 aces for 2 pair (i know these aren't actually live outs, but you don't know that) and have 10,000 chips and a chance at a win?

I bet you haven't won many SnG's / MTT's have you? (sorry).

To Opening Poster - you know damn well you played it right - this goes in bad beat thread (and even then, it's barely a bad beat) not Hand Analysis. And please, DONT play $1 + 0.25. 25% rake is for idiots.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice name calling, $1 + 0.25 is for small BR's, oh, mighty one.
Sorry, but it should be more profitable to play games that are $2 + 0.20 (10% rake) than $1 + 0.25 (25% rake).

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feeling the need to justify my choices.....?

The $1+25 -- 90 player pay out top 18 (20%).
The $5+50 -- 90 player also pays out top 18 (20%)

I can't find any other mtt sng's at FT that pay out that many (I don't have time for bigger mtt's than about 90 plyrs), so that's the reason I play those.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's not referring to the payouts Rob is talking about the tourney fees, in other words the 0.25 in a $1 + 0.25 tournament. Paying a 25 cent fee for a $1 tournament is 25% rake as opposed to a $2 + 0.20 being only 10% rake.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know damn well you played it right - this goes in bad beat thread (and even then, it's barely a bad beat) not Hand Analysis. And please, DONT play $1 + 0.25. 25% rake is for idiots.

What he said

shrtstakatak

shrtstakatak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's not referring to the payouts Rob is talking about the tourney fees, in other words the 0.25 in a $1 + 0.25 tournament. Paying a 25 cent fee for a $1 tournament is 25% rake as opposed to a $2 + 0.20 being only 10% rake.

I realize what he is talking about; I can read. I am clarifying why I play those limits and specifically those tourneys.

B

BadAce1973

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres how to avoid it

On the flop you should have push 2/3 the pot for a continuation bet. He may fold there but if he doesnt then you hit your 10 on the next card and go all in knowing you have to dodge his flush draw because it would be obvious then. So your only chance was a continuation bet on the flop instead of checking and make him pay there and then when he missed on the turn maybe he would fold. I doubt it but that's all I can think of. You played it pretty well though.

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like that he called him" the "Mighty One" Apart from the departure from nicety the"Mighty One" is very correct to point out that you are over raked and could quite easily find more profit by simply playing $2 game.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting, quibbling over $0.25 on LOW limit MTT SnGs....

Back to the original post. There is only 1 way to avoid this:

Don't play poker. This will never happen in Chess, or even checkers, but, will in poker, luck(variance) is part of the game.

Neither of you did anything wrong. The turn 'nearly' minted you, but actually gave your opponent a useless pr and the nut fl draw, with the K chop draw. OF course all the chips go in here.

So, basically, you don't avoid this, second best hands, happen, when the behind hand gets lucky on the river. That's poker, baby!

J

JJWalker5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the flop

In retrospect you should of raised on the flop.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing I may have done differently is the flop. I wouldnt check, but fire as continuation bet out there since you are the aggressor at the beginning of the hand. The ending was just bad luck and my guess is that he was pretty much pot committed which why he called. He had to know he was beaten after you went AI. Good play by you with just a bad result.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you got all the chips in the middle of the table as the favorite to win the hand don't be results oriented, it was played fine.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like that he called him" the "Mighty One" Apart from the departure from nicety the"Mighty One" is very correct to point out that you are over raked and could quite easily find more profit by simply playing $2 game.
(SSA, I think you need to put in your sig something like "BTW, I'm a girl." lol)

I dunno guys. Just a question: Might it be worth a little extra rake if the payouts go to the top 20%? I like that better than top 10%. I'm not sure how to calculate to see if it's a good enough value or not. I'm wondering how that extra 15 cents affects the actual value calculation.

EDIT: Oh yeah, about the hand. I'd try a good sized c-bet on the flop in position. You had a GS worth 2 overs, so I guess it would be more of a semi-bluff. With a 2-flush out there, I'd want him to pay for the next card.