How badly did I play this hand?

B

Ben_UK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 handed game, I'm on the button after calling the all-in of the mega short-stack who had ace 5 against my queens and he hit trip fives on the turn. So I was slightly on tilt, anyway, the hand;

I was on the button with pocket 9s, raised 3 times the big blind, everyone folds except the huge chipleader, who calls.

Flop comes K, 7, 4 rainbow. I think I've have a good read on him and know he doesn't have a king and so I go all in, I was becoming shortstacked myself now, he calls and turns over jacks. I don't hit the nine and I'm out of a game I was wiping the floor with for the first 15 hands.

So how badly did I play it? Was I too confident in thinking he would fold when I was trying to represent the king?

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what were the stack sizes at the begining of the hand?

I was wiping the floor with for the first 15 hands.

This tells me you were probably playing way to many hands to start with, how deep in the tournament are you at this point?

B

Ben_UK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot to say that it was a 8 handed sit and go, home game that is.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much was in the pot when you pushed all in and how much did you push in? Was villian a player capable of laying down a good hand?

B

Ben_UK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot was at 150 and I pushed in maybe 180.

As for the second question, I'm not sure but maybe not and that was my mistake.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The move in itself doesnt seem out of line you are probably ahead alot of the time here (I find most of the house games I play at to be pretty fishy).

I might have gone all in preflop but it likely would have gotten you the same result.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands