high pocket pairs

J

jojowins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally think anyone that goes all in preflop is stupid. because pre=flop all the cards are good until the flop hits. one guy kept going all in yesterday preflop and i was sick of it so i finally called him with an 8-2 off suit, he had like qk, i beat because 2 more 8's came out. so yea any 2 cards are good until the flop so why people think because they have aa kk qq or ak aq makes them an automatic winner is beyond me. and in my book thats not playin poker thats playing the lottery.

i personally think anyone that goes all in preflop is stupid. because pre=flop all the cards are good until the flop hits. one guy kept going all in yesterday preflop and i was sick of it so i finally called him with an 8-2 off suit, he had like qk, i beat because 2 more 8's came out. so yea any 2 cards are good until the flop so why people think because they have aa kk qq or ak aq makes them an automatic winner is beyond me. and in my book thats not playin poker thats playing the lottery.

Last edited:
H

ham644

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How should i play these? Like later on in a game

Cause i remember one tournament i had Q-Q, and i went all-in, and everybody folded, and then maybe 6-7 hands later, i had K-K, so i didnt want to just go all-in and waste it. So i think i tripled to bet or something, and two people called me. Flop came 4-7-10 (or something close to that, they were low cards, so no flush draw, maybe straight draw but who would call triple bet with 8-9 right??)

anyway, i move all in here, both call me, one guy had pocket 8s, other guy had 4-Q
as luck would have it turn was 4, and last card was 2 or 3 (something low)

what exactly did i do wrong here? i mean, this was like a 600+ people tournament, i think at that about 200 people left, i was in bottom 20, and top 27 placed in money, so i really needed a double up. Thats why i pushed all-in. Any suggestions on what to do differently next time? I cant really push all-in and waste K-K just stealing blinds (or min call bet) perfectly right thats well done

E

earwig

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i got high poket pairs i like to put in about 1/3 to 1/2 my chip depending what the blinds are and how many chips i have then i go from there after the flop if people call me and what the on what is out there and what the other players do before me. but yes u have to make a big pre flop raise

Sharkman

Sharkman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very informative stuff guys! I sometimes get a lil' crazy when dealt high pocket pairs. I get them so far and few between that I will raise and call about anything pre flop. I figure if I want to bet my high pocket pair, that I want to see all 5 of the cards on the board. lol works most of the time. for me anyways!!!!

:eating:

I

impressthekid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should have still went all in with the KK because you dont want to get beat and taking the blinds still get you some money so i think you made a bad call

russdogg77

russdogg77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
High pocket pairs with poeple who chase anything are tough to win with. Depending on what type of table I am depends on how I play them. With catious players a triple the blind bet is good. With loose players it is best to play all in