Help!!! Should I have called the raise???

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all. This hand is taken from a 180 player SNG. 25 hands into it. I know this might have been a good fold at the time, but I would like to know what u guys think.

So, the question, did I do the correct thing by folding, should I have called or was their an argument to reraise???

The raise by AllinAction means very little as he has been aggressive since the game started.

PokerStars Game #7466684723: Tournament #38193603, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2006/12/16 - 10:45:42 (ET) Table '38193603 13' 9-max Seat #3 is the button Seat 1: AllinAction (2800 in chips) Seat 2: littleass (1320 in chips) Seat 3: TarHeelFan3 (1650 in chips) Seat 4: bcb24 (1450 in chips) Seat 5: Schmokes (1910 in chips) Seat 6: cat s river (1400 in chips) Seat 7: SPARTAlLAS (1595 in chips) Seat 8: fisherKKing (1275 in chips) Seat 9: ronaldadio (1580 in chips)
bcb24: posts small blind 15
Schmokes: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ronaldadio [Jh Qh]
cat s river: folds
SPARTAlLAS: calls 30
fisherKKing: folds
ronaldadio: calls 30
AllinAction: calls 30
littleass: calls 30
TarHeelFan3: folds
bcb24: calls 15
Schmokes: checks
*** FLOP *** [3s Ac Kh]
bcb24: checks
SPARTAlLAS: checks
ronaldadio: checks
AllinAction: bets 100
littleass: folds
bcb24: folds
Schmokes: calls 100
SPARTAlLAS: calls 100
ronaldadio: folds
*** TURN *** [3s Ac Kh] [Th]
SPARTAlLAS: checks
AllinAction: bets 250
Schmokes: folds
SPARTAlLAS: folds
AllinAction collected 480 from pot
AllinAction: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 480 | Rake 0
Board [3s Ac Kh Th]
Seat 1: AllinAction collected (480)
Seat 2: littleass folded on the Flop
Seat 3: TarHeelFan3 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: bcb24 (small blind) folded on the Flop Seat 5: Schmokes (big blind) folded on the Turn Seat 6: cat s river folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: SPARTAlLAS folded on the Turn Seat 8: fisherKKing folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: ronaldadio folded on the Flop

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From a pot odds perspective, there's 480 in the pot and it's 100 to call, so you need about 17% equity. You have 4 outs to make your straight, so that's about 8% to hit. Depends really on how much action (you need at least another 500) you think you can get on the turn and river if the turn is a Ten. Given the number of callers you probably will get sufficient action. You also have a backdoor flush which is worth another out over the turn and river. So this is one of the few opportunities where drawing to the gutshot may be worthwhile. It's pretty marginal though so don't feel too bad about folding it.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bomb you mean 8% that itd hit on turn right?

And 16% that itd hit on either turn or river?

Im curious as to how someone should relate pot odds to calling.

If youre getting 5-1 pot odds and a flop bet, and 5-1 or slightly better chance to hit your card, dyou call that or dyou worry about not hitting on turn and what itd cost you then?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have folded here as well. There's only a ~8% chance of hitting your T on the turn, and with the action you have to consider that someone might price you out on the turn and not give you even close to decent odds to see the river. You shouldn't feel bad about folding here, in my opinion.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold IMO, what do you do on the turn if you miss? Im assuming with 3/4 people in pot there will be a bet(maybe a raise too) and i doubt it will be 100 chip bet and you will be forced to fold.

Its a $20 tournament so i doubt you will get to see the river^^^. 1 of your 10s is prbly in the muck so your ~7 to hit it on the turbn. IMO you are being very results orientated and made the right move.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold IMO, what do you do on the turn if you miss?
You fold, unless it's really cheap to see the next card. It's a longshot and you don't expect to hit, but you're just relying on the 1 time in 12 when you do hit to make it a good call.