Help on playing this!

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
pokerstars Game #5148069868: Tournament #25887015, $3.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2006/06/04 - 07:26:22 (ET)
Table '25887015 1' 10-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: devinr12 (1610 in chips)
Seat 2: Markie 2 (3515 in chips)
Seat 3: Vigyor (2900 in chips)
Seat 5: Alkemisten (2390 in chips)
Seat 7: Mune_Hungree (2010 in chips)
Seat 8: Sammyv1 (2575 in chips)
Markie 2: posts small blind 100
Vigyor: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Sammyv1 [Js Ah]
Alkemisten: folds
Mune_Hungree: folds
Sammyv1: raises 600 to 800
devinr12: folds
Markie 2: calls 700
Vigyor: folds
*** FLOP *** [2h 8s Tc]
Markie 2: checks
Sammyv1: bets 800
Markie 2: raises 800 to 1600
Sammyv1: folds
Markie 2 collected 3400 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3400 | Rake 0
Board [2h 8s Tc]
Seat 1: devinr12 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Markie 2 (small blind) collected (3400)
Seat 3: Vigyor (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Alkemisten folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Mune_Hungree folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Sammyv1 folded on the Flop

Well, I raised pre-flop 3X the BB. Markie2 was the only caller and he was playing pretty aggresive. So I continuation bet after the flop and get re-raised 800 and I have 975 left. Totally figured my A-high was beat, so I folded. I think my fold here was correct, but this hand crippled me with 6 players left. Before the hand I was 3rd in chips and holding nicely.

I'm sure I messed up here somewhere in this hand, let me have it!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
I don't think you messed up at all Sammy.
You've always got to put that continuation bet out there, unless you know your opponent to be a chronic check-raiser.
Its just unfortunate that you both didnt hit, and that your opponent did.
Good laydown - live to fight another day! :)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
You played it right. You can't fall in love with your Ace with high kicker with no pair. Save those chips when you actually have a hand.

spore

spore

Rock Star
preflop raise with AJ is standard, you'll hit a pair about 40% of the time.. unfortunatley didn't happen this time. with the T on the board, it's entirely possible he called with AT, KT, QT, JT, TT, or any other pocket pair. With a bigger chipstack you could've possibly re-raised representing AA/KK/QQ, but with a shortstack it wouldn't have worked.

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
I like your fold here because you probably were beat.

Knowing that your continuation bet would have crippled your chip stack, I would have probably bet more preflop just to represent a very strong starting hand, so when you continuation bet on the flop you might have been able to take the pot down.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
I definatly like your fold, you made a continuation bet but you were out of position on his re-raise.