Hello, I'm new to the site, and i have a ? for all of u

K

kidpoker24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, you guys have a very insightful and well created forum. Now let's see if any of u can help me out. You see my problem is when i get to the final table. Last night i was playing in a $20 with rebuys NL tourney. 41 entries and about 41 rebuys. Anyways i get down to the final table of 11 and then finally down to the final 4. Well u see, only the final 3 make the money. Im sitten with 60,000 and the blinds are at 8,000/16,000 and the leader has about 85,000. I get dealt K9 while im on big blind. The big stack calls and so does the small blind. I check, the flop comes 3c Kh 5h, small blind checks, i push all in tryin to take their blinds. Big stack to my left thinks about it then calls me. He shows K T and i bust out on the bubble. The payouts were $687 1st, $457 2nd, $257 3rd. What should i do? Or was it just bad luck/timing?

thanks in advance

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say bad luck. There's 48,000 in the pot and you only have 44,000 left. What are you going to do if you check and the big stack bets? Fold top pair, bearing in mind he's probably betting with any pocket pair or any Ace? It's true that if he does have a King that he'll probably have you beaten with a better kicker, but seeing as there are only 2 left in the deck it's unlikely the one player left to act has it.

K

kidpoker24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what i figured, but it feels like i can never get past the bubble once i get that far. Btw the other two stacks had about 30,000 each. So if i woulda waited, maybe they would've gone all in and got knocked out? And i had jus payed the big blind, so then the next hand id owe 8,000. But then i wouldn't owe anything for two hands....

D

dsm420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck. I would have played it the same on the reasoning that if the big stack had started with a bigger king he would have raised PF (I certainly would have in his position)