...and he gets bailed out on the river

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #3179638832: $7,000 Guarantee (23774024), Table 49 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:07:43 ET - 2007/08/07
Seat 1: MONEYMIND (3,510)
Seat 2: castrosito (2,955)
Seat 3: cantbeatme86 (2,955)
Seat 4: Break17 (3,150)
Seat 5: TZUNAM1 (2,955)
Seat 6: halfmexican (1,620)
Seat 7: BigHevC (3,000), is sitting out
Seat 8: LexAndTor (3,855)
Seat 9: Pegasus77 (3,000)
halfmexican posts the small blind of 15
BigHevC posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Break17 [Ac Qc]
LexAndTor folds
Pegasus77 folds
MONEYMIND folds
castrosito folds
cantbeatme86 folds
Break17 raises to 90
TZUNAM1 folds
halfmexican calls 75
BigHevC folds
*** FLOP *** [Qs 9h 4c]
halfmexican checks
Break17 bets 150
halfmexican calls 150
*** TURN *** [Qs 9h 4c] [6s]
halfmexican checks
Break17 bets 330
halfmexican calls 330
*** RIVER *** [Qs 9h 4c 6s] [9d]
halfmexican checks
Break17 bets 630
halfmexican raises to 1,050, and is all in
Break17 calls 420
*** SHOW DOWN ***
halfmexican shows [9c 8d] three of a kind, Nines
Break17 mucks
halfmexican wins the pot (3,270) with three of a kind, Nines
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,270 | Rake 0
Board: [Qs 9h 4c 6s 9d]
Seat 1: MONEYMIND didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: castrosito didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: cantbeatme86 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Break17 mucked [Ac Qc] - two pair, Queens and Nines
Seat 5: TZUNAM1 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: halfmexican (small blind) showed [9c 8d] and won (3,270) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 7: BigHevC (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: LexAndTor didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Pegasus77 didn't bet (folded)

stupid bet on the river. just so friggin stupid, i swear to god. i dont understand that. i raise preflop, bet decent bets all the way through and he calls with mid pair. and then gets bailed out on the river.

V

VolitionX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beats

like it or not u gonna see a lot of that if u are to continue playin poker man, just dont make such a big deal out of every single one of them.

i had 3 days in a row till yesterday where all my nuts were beaten in a row.

believe it or not i lost 3 pocket aces in a row, 4th time i got them i won, 5th time i lost them again. same for KK QQ and all the nuts i flopped on the flop.

remember this hand, 2 days ago, sitting with KK.
flop; KQ4
Turn; Q
River Q

he goes all in with the last chips and shows me 4 queens.

lesson is, anything is possible in poker, heard of people who had cold cards for months and they didnt quit.

so keep on playing ur A game and these bad beats will only be a small part of the ride which has to be taken to get the money

gl

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaker, just learn from this that whenever danger pops up on the river and you are in position, CHECK. If the board pairs, if it 3 flushes, or if it straightens, check. This is because if you bet, this gives a player a chance to get more chips out of you or bluff you. Only value bet with the nuts or bluff if you have an excellent read on the player.

H

Hiruma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate the river myself but that's poker u know, learn 2 live with it

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Breaker, just learn from this that whenever danger pops up on the river and you are in position, CHECK. If the board pairs, if it 3 flushes, or if it straightens, check. This is because if you bet, this gives a player a chance to get more chips out of you or bluff you. Only value bet with the nuts or bluff if you have an excellent read on the player.
I think this is my hugest mistake in the freerolls I play. I know they beat me on the river with me leading all way, I see it and still put my chips in. Guess I need to bookmark this and rig it to an electric shock to learn it. :D

U

unlucky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suckouts happen all the time. I just had one on a sng. I was low stacked in the sb. First position did a min raise one caller i reraised 4 times their raise the raiser called and the caller folded. flop was j,4,5 i went all in with my A,A I had 640 and was called by 10,10 and runner runner later i lost to a straight. Although I think this was a very poor flop call by my villian all I can do is play again

B

broncos53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing you could do you played it well he got lucky and sucked out it happens once in a while sucks when it does

F

feramorzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You will be outdrawn!

I was just re-reading Theory of Poker, and page 1 has this:

"It is more likely for a good player to suffer these bad beats, than for an average or a weak player to suffer them...If you are an excellent player, people are going to draw out on you a lot more than you're going to draw out on them because they're simply going to have the worst hand against you a lot more times than you have the worst hand against them. There's no way you're going to draw out on anybody if you don't get all your money in there on the worst hand"

So, enjoy those bad beats and you will get paid more often than you lose...or so I tell myself :D