Is he Bluffing? What do i do now?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker Game #3919098839: $5 + $0.50 Tournament (29307599), Table 13 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:24:36 ET - 2007/10/21
Seat 1: JRP2X (2,170)
Seat 2: IH8SND (4,145)
Seat 3: SeanDeedz (1,175)
Seat 4: luckyks88 (1,510)
Seat 5: airplanefood (1,235)
Seat 6: davyboy24 (645)
Seat 7: willthegreat24 (1,160)
Seat 8: Doxs74 (1,730)
Seat 9: CrucialTimes (870)
JRP2X posts the small blind of 25
IH8SND posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to willthegreat24 [Kd Ks]
SeanDeedz folds
luckyks88 has 15 seconds left to act
luckyks88 folds
airplanefood folds
davyboy24 has 15 seconds left to act
davyboy24 calls 50
willthegreat24 raises to 225
Doxs74 folds
CrucialTimes calls 225
JRP2X folds
IH8SND calls 175
davyboy24 calls 175
*** FLOP *** [Ad Ah 2s]
IH8SND checks
davyboy24 checks
willthegreat24 checks (I checked here because I fealt strongly that someone has an ace, and is slow playing it)
CrucialTimes checks
*** TURN *** [Ad Ah 2s] [9d]
IH8SND bets 925 (the pot and just about 100% of my stack which is 935)
davyboy24 folds
willthegreat24 ???

what do i do here now? I raise pre flop and get 4 callers, scary flop and no idea where i am at and a bet would cripple my stack if i get re raised.

ahhhh????

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I count three callers (not four?).

Anyway, I think you either have to bet the flop, given that the two aces make it much less likely that one is out against you, or check fold.

You seem to have a read that you "fealt strongly that someone has an ace, and is slow playing it," so what changed? If that's your read vs. these three opponents, it's a clear check fold. You can't check the flop with that read, then revise your opinion when someone does exactly the thing that validates that read, right?

As a side note, I dislike your preflop raise amount. If your opponents are that loose (and you should know by now) that you will get that many callers, then you either need to try to keep the pot smaller (or go for a limp/reraise), or bet more to limit the field and/or pot commit yourself if you don't think you can fold. Your amount choice here, given the chip stacks, just puts you to a tough choice. This is where having a "plan" for the hand/future streets is essential.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have any reads or PT stats on villain? As played I think it's too likely he has the A, especially if he's on the tighter side (a tag won't make this turn bet without 99/22/Ax. He'll likely check down any smaller pair). There's also the possibility of the player yet to act having an ace, too.

If we fold we're sitting on about 20BBs; we won't be dead in the water yet and will still have a decent chance at coming back.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry alien about the little typo/brainfart (i must have counted my self as one of those pre flop callers instead of players)
i ended up folding just for that reason, my m zone would still be at around 15, but the blinds were increasing soon, so i needed a small pot or 2 to keep me away from life support...

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all.. why so cheap with the preflop raise.. you could have possibly take down the pot pre-flop.. second- u still have enough chips left to make a run later.. as i see it you have no option but to fold and wait after this flop...

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everyone else, fold. If you had the feeling someone was slow playing and that is exactly the way the betting went, stick with your initial gut and fold. The odds aren't that bad that someone has an Ace and in these lower buy in tournies it seems that Ace/rag is common hand to play.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i ended up folding but failed to cash :(

better luck next time i guess

N

nudist30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all if the turn is a 9 diamonds it sounds to me like he bet that much because he has a 9 and has two pair and doesn't think you have a higher pair. I would bet in this place. He could have an ace but I find that highly unlikely. He could have pocket 9's which is defintely a possiblity with the amount of the bet he laid out. But either way you gotta go for it because you never know if the K will come up on the river. Especially at full tilt. LOL

O

ol_sin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have bet the flop.

if you felt strongly that someone was slow playing an Ace, you still should have bet out, just to see what happened. if you won, you won if someone smooth calls or comes over the top of you, you're beat.

at this point, you pretty much have no choice but to fold.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a bet on the flop that didnt make me committed to the pot would be too small and would not get any respect though....so i dont know if betting on that flop was correct