hand of the day!!! Call, or raise-allin?

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final table of a lathe 7 participants remain. You raise to 3 BB in the last positions with J at 10 s. The big blind calls, The flopp 9s 4s 3 d, giving you a chance to flush and two overcards. Your opponent bets 5bb. You have 15bb and the village is the 55bb chip teader. Call, or raise-allin?

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'd go AI. Besides outs (also small chance of getting straight on turn and river) there's chance that guy is just making cont bet and he folds for AI.
(but in today's freeroll I went AI after hitting straight on turn and got called with Kx s and he got his 20%-chance-flush :/ So my dreams about having a few bucks to play got burned:/ sorry I had to spit it out ;)

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd go AI. Besides outs (also small chance of getting straight on turn and river) there's chance that guy is just making cont bet and he folds for AI.
(but in today's freeroll I went AI after hitting straight on turn and got called with Kx s and he got his 20%-chance-flush :/ So my dreams about having a few bucks to play got burned:/ sorry I had to spit it out ;)
vilao did not bluff, and did not hit the flush! I was eliminated

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant just call in this spot with 15BB and facing a 5BB bet. Your stack does not allow it without you being committed anyway. Your only two choices are fold or go all in. Folding is not anywhere near a good option as you have a lot of equity and are a favorite against a one pair hand as long as his kicker is not bigger than a jack and is a spade. When you shove here not only are you a favorite a good chunk of the time but you also have fold equity as he may fold even his one pair hands. The only time you are in really bad shape is when he has AK or AQ of spades or has two pair or better. This is a shove spot with your stack size.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final table of a lathe 7 participants remain. You raise to 3 BB in the last positions with J at 10 s. The big blind calls, The flopp 9s 4s 3 d, giving you a chance to flush and two overcards. Your opponent bets 5bb. You have 15bb and the village is the 55bb chip teader. Call, or raise-allin?

Thank U 4 posting

We need to have a good plan when playing small stacks on final tables. ICM is very important here. So what place were we in with 19 BB?
If we are 3rd in chips why are we raising a drawing hand vs the chip leader?
If we are in 7th place why are we not shoving this hand to put ICM pressure on the chip leader?

These are the more important questions than call or shove on the flop.

We need a plan that starts with what do I do preflop vs each Villain? Min raise or shove? 3x is not the best sizing in these spots unless 3x is getting folds that 2x is not getting.

Vs the chip leader neither 2x or 3x will get folds that is why we need to use the 19bb shove option if it is ICM correct.

Hope this helps
:):)

jirasuonna

jirasuonna

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Information seems a bit unclear.
Assumption.
You are on the button.
You have J Spades 10 Spades.
You have 4 to a flush and 3 to a straight.
Antes are 10%. (0.7 BB with 7 players
Pot is 12.2 BB ( 3+3+.5+0.7+5)
BB Minimum Defense Frequency is 42.3% (Initial Pot Size/(Initial Pot Size/Bet Size)

If villain just calls with 42.4% of hands. You have 53.5% equity in the Pot.
If villain would raise with JJ+, AQ+, AJs and you can remove those from the range you have 54.6% equity. Not a big improvement

Raising all in would put the pot to 27.2 BB with 10 BB to call.
Villain would have 1:2.7 BB Pot odds I think that if Villain hit the board he would stick around. I think that if he had over cards he might stick around.

Calling leaves you will only leave you 10 BB, but you will have a couple hands before the BB gets around again.

This is a very tough spot. I would say to call, hoping you can check behind if you miss the turn and bet if you hit. If you miss play Push/Fold with your 10 BB stack.

I am not confident in this answer.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

ALL IN TO WIN!!!

If he ever folds its a GREAT result for you, and odds are he is not leading into you with a set so you have 15 outs at the best hand.

Maybe he has 56 and you already have the best hand :)

Hope it worked out for you, nice job making the final table btw!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands