Hand Advice

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You win at poker by being better than your opponents. This doesn't mean you have to be "good" in an absolute sense. Simply being "not as bad" will win against poor players. The key is to take ego out of the assessment as much as possible. We all want to think we're better than our opponents, but the best gauge isn't what we think, it's our actual results over a significant sample size.

Thankfully, there are players whose egos won't let them admit they lose because they're not good enough. They blame luck / variance, and because they insist on thinking their ability level is already enough to win, I suspect many don't focus enough on improving.

Don't be one of them, and you'll do fine.

couldn't sum it up better tbh. wp, AJ.. wp.

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow. How embarrassing. I was fking horrible lmao.

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I just joined.
Wondering If I can get advice on how I played my hand?

chauvy169 posts small blind (30)
davidhh posts big blind (60)
Dealing Cards
Dealing [Q h][A d] to archangelzx
TaxReturn raises to 120
archangelzx raises to 180
hanibalxxl folds
chauvy169 folds
davidhh folds
TaxReturn calls 180
Pot sizes: 450
Dealing Flop [J d][Q d][T d]
TaxReturn bets 60
archangelzx raises to 120
TaxReturn raises to 1,295 (all-in)
archangelzx calls 995 (all-in)
Returning 300 to TaxReturn uncalled
Pot sizes: 2,440
TaxReturn shows [A s][K s]
archangelzx shows [Q h][A d]
Dealing Turn [A c]
Dealing River [6 s]
TaxReturn has Straight, Ace high
TaxReturn wins 2,440 with: Straight, Ace high
My advice here is... Until your more advanced, don't rely on ur read as much and don't blow your whole stack on AQ. My gut was telling me he was str8 ish, 2 pair ish b4 all the betting happend and all you had was 1 pair and a commitment to a flush draw - which is bad EV. The biggest problem here is that you can usually get 80% odds all-in and you settled for much less. Don't fall in love with AQ, AJ, flush draws...

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the single biggest thing here on a positive note, is that you want to learn and improve your game

when you post hands for review, you need to post positions and stack sizes and if possible any reads/stats you have on anyone else involved in the hand

as for the hands themselves, as everyone has said, stop with the min raising it serves no purpose, you dont find out your opponents hand strength because you give him such good odds he pretty much has to call with any two cards preflop

in the micro's you really dont need to slowplay much, with your AA hand, 3bet him every time, try and get more money in the pot (do NOT min 3bet)

pretty much never limp, raise it up with your AJ hand, i would go for 2.5bb or 3bb's if you prefer, the only ever time you might want to limp hands is if there are a few limpers before and you have a small pocket pair or suited connectors, but generally speaking if your first to put money in a hand, then raise it up

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I have improved 10x now lol. Just reflecting on how far I've come. Lol @ min 3 betting.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its good to reflect on how you used to play certain situations, especially if your on a legitimate downswing, as you said, you can see just how far you have come

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands