Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would just like to get everybody thoughts on some hands that I have gone through recently. All hands were completed, and I will reveal the outcome after a few people have commented on them.

The following hands were some of more difficult decisions I've had to make in online poker. I will follow up others comments with the results and reasons why I made the decision I made.

The names of those involved have been changed or censored due to privacy.

Hand #1

full tilt poker Game #13833839135: $2 + 0.25 Tournament (101909090), Table 17 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:03:29 ET - 2009/08/05
Seat 1: 42**** (3,240)
Seat 2: Morticore (1,050)
Seat 3: gd**** (1,500)
Seat 4: Bob (945)
Seat 5: bo**** (1,265)
Seat 6: de**** (1,425)
Seat 7: ne**** (1,345)
Seat 8: kl**** (1,905)
Seat 9: Wu**** (750)
ne**** posts the small blind of 25
kl**** posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Morticore [Ks Ad]
Wu**** folds
42**** folds
Morticore raises to 175
gd**** folds
Bob calls 175
bo**** folds
de**** folds
ne**** folds
kl**** calls 125
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d 9c]
kl**** checks
Morticore checks
Bob bets 770, and is all in
kl**** folds

---------------------------

Call or fold? What do you put Bob on?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither because I would have just shoved the flop myself. The pot is 525 and we have 875 left with 2 overs as the preflop raiser. I shove, hope for folds, and have 6 outs if he doesn't.

BTW your game doesn't really work without reads on your opponents. Take Bob there, how did he lose 550? How did you lose 450? These things are important otherwise we're just playing guessing games.

begley01

begley01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold you have ace high, only thing you beat is a bluff or 56

BoB could have 56,10's,A9

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Neither because I would have just shoved the flop myself.

Personally, I wouldn't shove with more than 20 BB's left early into the tournament, pre-flop.

--------------------------------

To finish the hand. With Bob being on the short stack, I put him on a bluff with an Ace, obviously I would have a better kicker.

Morticore calls 770
Bob shows [Ts Ah]
Morticore shows [Ks Ad]
*** TURN *** [3s 4d 9c] [Ac]
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d 9c Ac] [2c]
Bob shows a pair of Aces
Morticore shows a pair of Aces
Morticore wins the pot (2,090) with a pair of Aces

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I wouldn't shove with more than 20 BB's left early into the tournament, pre-flop.

I didn't mean to shove preflop. I shove this on the flop. I hate calling the shove on the flop.

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard for me just reading this hand too know he was bluffing it , probably alot easier for you morticore when your playing looking at his Timing and his previous moves.
Although nice call and nh.

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough one, but the type of hand we run into all the time.

Quite often, a call has you looking at a PP, or someone made an ill-advised call to your raise with an A3,4 or 9.

In my experience, calling post flop here rarely pays off. But your stack is pretty weak after the pf raise, so combined with a read on the villain I can understand a call. We know that with that flop, we'll see everything from AT to AQ make that play, and your AK will dominate.

(can I stop putting my usual disclaimer that what I would do is probably wrong anyway?)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did the correct thing in my book, he was trying to push you out of the pot. If he had any real hand, say he called your p/f raise with pocket 33/44/99, then he would try to trap you, not push all-in immediately(although, I can't say I haven't seen this before) And he wouldn't be on a flush or straight draw... Good call

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You did the correct thing in my book, he was trying to push you out of the pot. If he had any real hand, say he called your p/f raise with pocket 33/44/99, then he would try to trap you, not push all-in immediately(although, I can't say I haven't seen this before) And he wouldn't be on a flush or straight draw... Good call

That's what I was thinkin', too.

Also.. I want to apologize for screwing up this thread. I posted it in the wrong forum and it got moved to the tournament hand analysis section, where it should be, and did not follow proper protocol on hand analysis'. I will do better next time. :)

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way to go, even after 2000+ posts you're still trying to break the rules...

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Way to go, even after 2000+ posts you're still trying to break the rules...

LOL.. I'm a rebel ;)

I actually don't even remember the last time I posted a hand analysis before.

I'm reading the guidelines now :- x ... to my defense, I didn't originally post this in the hand analysis section, hehe.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands