Good or bad move - 11c tournament

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 - Shove pre. You have 16bb and a mid pair in SB so if you limp you will have to play out of position in a multiway pot. There is a lot of dead money in the pot and you are ahead of both limpers range. As played, shoving over the flop is fine as this board is very wet.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy shove preflop, you will OOP and in the pot already like 35% of your stack.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good shove postflop cause you dont want to limp with that kind of board and give odd for villain to call.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two ways, you can shove pre or follow what you did,

Postflop, nice play with two opponents.

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could put 35% -40% of the bank to pay more players and the turn and river.

W

wildice13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could put 35% -40% of the bank to pay more players and the turn and river.

If he does choose this sizing, e.g. makes a raise to 2-3x ($1100/$1200) AND both players called then this would actually setup quite well for a turn shove, leaving pretty much exactly a pot sized bet behind.

The issue is that because of the wet board, flush draw, numerous straight draws. He needs to be getting it in OTF when he has it best, and charge the maximum for those who want to draw. Imagine making the raise and then and seeing the 10 of clubs on the turn? Not quite the easiest shove then vs two players.

Played well post flop. But definitely would have got it in preflop with 16bb vs limpers. If there was a single UTG raise, then it's player and their stack size vs mine dependent.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good move, as you would play in a day less tilt.

T

Tomasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as played 88 call pre , after postflop i play x /all in , i wait for more value because in 4-way pot is big CHANCE a another oponnet bets this board

for me 15 bb Flip easy push all in steal re-raise

thecpkid

thecpkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand 1 you shouldnt be shoving post flop

Elmanchy

Elmanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played badly, explain why.
On the table fell 8 AJs (flush draw) against 3 opp you put all-in
Any two Jacks or two Aces could easily beat you.
Sdes had to play Call-Raise Call-Fold (you just got lucky)

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop you have an easy shove with all that dead money. As played, Shoving is certainly fine, because you will not get away from your hand anyway pretty much on any turn. The question however is, what will call you. Would have been very sad, if AJ would have managed to fold on your shove, but would have called a smaller raise and a shove on the turn.