god...I CANT STAND THIS DUMBASS DONKS

B

ButtonDog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was early in the tournament. Don't get frustrated. A tournament is a marathon, not a sprint. Just play top ten and wait to strike. You don't have to feel that you are the one that has to take him out. There are others at the table to. If one of them are the one to take him down it still helps you. Patience, it's early.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I LOVE dumbass donks

OK, so you're gonna take a hit from them every now and then. But thats what makes the poker world go round. It is actually important that they do win evry now and then because that is what reinforces them to think that their donk play was actually a good play (as they were rewarded) and to therefore continue making those bad plays. If there are no donks then who is gonna make that call on you when you really have the nuts and how are you gonna make money.

I LOVE DONKS!! but I accept that on occasion I will be donked, and on other occasions I will also donk someone else. C'est la vie!

BTW Bob_Tiger, I made my first forray into a buy-in razz tourney the other day (just a dollar, steady now) and you were on my first table. You were doing awesome till we got moved. I ended up being the bubble boy finishing 33rd when it was t32 for itm. How did u go?

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dh11 makes the single most important point - survival is the better part of valour. There is a group of players online that just keep going allin until they get eliminated. However, there is other more dangerous group who will go allin, usually with any pair or wo cards over a 9, until they have a dominating chip stack . These players then revert to a tight aggressive game. It is criticial to distingusih between the two groups. The ones in the first group will eventually be elminated, but the ones in the second group often do very well. The second group are often people who are in 4-6 tourneys at a time and recognize they will lose as often as they win.
As T.J. said AA is the only hand worth going out on early in a tourney.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure that wasnt PokerStars??

I could swear that was PokerStars tourney you were playing...LOL

But serious now, this is a prime Thread and got many responses, and some great lessons for anyone looking to make sense out of the NON-Sense.
Seems TILT was the modus-operandi. Or Multi-Tabling. Or Taken a bad beat by some "other" Donk in a previous Tourney..so adopted the same tactic..out of spite. You caught the bug. As the below statement puts it into clarity---->
"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies....it gets EVERYWHERE " <---LMAO
--Outside of the above replies of %'s, PotOdds, +EV and coin-flips--
I have noticed that in many S&G's that there is usually one seat that no matter what they play or how they play, that when called to the showdown they have the best hand.
It is a bit enigmatic but I have seen it on several occasions.
In Omaha and NL.
I played a Freeplay tourney once and this player was so bold as to tell everyone that it is 'PURE' LUCK..then proceeded to needle everyone @ the table by telling them what they were holding Pre-Flop then push All-In every hand...and won (I'd say) about 85% of the pots even with a hand 'like' 9-4os to A-K. crazy stuff happened like 6-2 hitting the straight, 7-3 hitting Full..or a J-5 hitting a set of 5's. The whole table was astounded, and I was baffled by the antics..sat back and waited to see what happened next..what I recall was that one player took out about 25 players before the table disassembled. **I know it is only a Freeplay Tourney ** yet..
It happens in a lot of lower level buy-ins.
And yeah they *Usually* bust-out eventually..

Last edited:
KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^

I play freerolls just for the chance to be that guy. I go all-in with garbage hands all the time. Almost every time, I'll be first out and that's that. About once a week, I'll go on a ridiculous run of hitting 40-percenters and have the table furious/in awe of me. I always go out eventually, because I don't really want to play a 3-hour freeroll to win $2.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^

I play freerolls just for the chance to be that guy. I go all-in with garbage hands all the time. Almost every time, I'll be first out and that's that. About once a week, I'll go on a ridiculous run of hitting 40-percenters and have the table furious/in awe of me. I always go out eventually, because I don't really want to play a 3-hour freeroll to win $2.

then why even play them if you do not intend to sit around for 3 hours?

sounds like you have nothing better to do than to make peoples lives miserable

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't call all ins with AJ and you'll win more :)

G

GermanFalcon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like the raise with AJo in seat2, not on this stage of the SnG.

But funny to look up your oponent in sharkscope, what a nicely fish he is:

Attachments

• ft.JPG
    ft.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 12