god...I CANT STAND THIS DUMBASS DONKS

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Total posts
This is just ridiculous....this guy has pushed all in like three times before this hand and didnt get called so i was pretty sure i was ahead and of course god damn donkey pulles one out of his ass. I'm still in and this idiot just keeps going all in, fcking moron. damn it pisses me off
Full Tilt Poker Game #3456888032: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (26422352), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:02:50 ET - 2007/09/04
Seat 1: TOPDAWGEEY (1,410)
Seat 2: bob_tiger (1,980)
Seat 3: JayJaySlim (1,260)
Seat 4: RudMen872 (1,410)
Seat 5: nramos (1,500)
Seat 6: PARTSPLUS (1,440)
JayJaySlim posts the small blind of 15
RudMen872 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bob_tiger [Jc As]
nramos has 15 seconds left to act
nramos calls 30
PARTSPLUS calls 30
TOPDAWGEEY calls 30
bob_tiger has 15 seconds left to act
bob_tiger raises to 180
JayJaySlim folds
RudMen872 has 15 seconds left to act
RudMen872 raises to 1,410, and is all in
nramos folds
PARTSPLUS folds
TOPDAWGEEY folds
bob_tiger calls 1,230
RudMen872 shows [6s 9s]
bob_tiger shows [Jc As]
*** FLOP *** [7s 6h 3s]
*** TURN *** [7s 6h 3s] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [7s 6h 3s 7c] [Qc]
RudMen872 shows two pair, Sevens and Sixes
bob_tiger shows a pair of Sevens
RudMen872 wins the pot (2,925) with two pair, Sevens and Sixes
The blinds are now 20/40
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,925 | Rake 0
Board: [7s 6h 3s 7c Qc]
Seat 1: TOPDAWGEEY folded before the Flop
Seat 2: bob_tiger (button) showed [Jc As] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 3: JayJaySlim (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: RudMen872 (big blind) showed [6s 9s] and won (2,925) with two pair, Sevens and Sixes
Seat 5: nramos folded before the Flop
Seat 6: PARTSPLUS folded before the Flop

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Total posts
should i not make the call even though i knew this idiot didnt have shit?

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Total posts
had about 390 chips left A4 in bb...called this idiot he has Q8 guess who won. F***king idiottttttttttttt. i cant stand playing idiots like that. before that hand he was all in with 45 vs AA almost won too after that he was all in with 5 9off and won vs 33. i cant believe this bs

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Total posts
maybe you could have waited for a dominating hand like a big pair before you call an all in maniac but you still knew you had him beat so that was the right call, but there is no reason to call an all in like that so early in the tournament when the blinds are just 15/30...

but if i were in that same moment i would have done the same thing.
lol
i hate idiots like that

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Total posts
even if you know the chance of him being in with trash is pretty good, you're realistically only about a 60% favorite against his range.. if you're calling off like 50 BBs here, you have to accept it's at the risk of losing 40% of the time which is, well, pretty damn often. so i don't think you should be upset over it. you knew the risk and chose to take it

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
I dont like this at all. Why do you feel like you have to be the one that has to bust this guy that is going all in? Even with a hand like AJo, you might have the better hand but you are 60/40 at best. You have over 50bbs at this point and there is no reason to risk your stack here. Its still early in the game, you have a lot of chips to play with. Fold this hand and wait for a better one. This guy is going to bust out eventually with his reckless play, but it doesnt mean you have to play the hero at the table.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
you mean people do that in poker on the internet?...cmon bob tell us how you really feel,let it alllll out

J

joeeagles

Total posts
Yeah, it sucks when that happens. The worst feeling in poker comes when you make the right decision and you don't get rewarded for it. I've been there far too many times.

Unfortunately, it is a risk you have to accept, it comes with the territory (playing this dam game).

There really is no way out against players like this. If they keep shoving soon or later you need to make a stand, and this can be the result.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in the end he even won the sitngo.

J

jsi

Total posts
I dont like this at all. Why do you feel like you have to be the one that has to bust this guy that is going all in? Even with a hand like AJo, you might have the better hand but you are 60/40 at best. You have over 50bbs at this point and there is no reason to risk your stack here. Its still early in the game, you have a lot of chips to play with. Fold this hand and wait for a better one. This guy is going to bust out eventually with his reckless play, but it doesnt mean you have to play the hero at the table.

I'm 100% with philty here.

What i've seen happen many times is a player like that is just on tilt for whatever reason. Gets lucky, doubles and triples up a few times, now has a huge stack and actually starts playing decent poker. Of course his table image is ruined and he may not get away with many "moves". But that could also be an advantage when he does have a monster...

That said, most of the time they just bust out after a couple of all-ins.

I'm not calling unless i have a pair of overcards and/or have him solidly covered.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Total posts
Awards
Thanks Bob. I just added him to my FT fish list. He's a ripe one ready for the picking. I'll let you know how I do.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Total posts
alright, yes i know it wasn't the best call here but when you know this idiot is going all in like crazy, I decided to take a chance and try to bust him. I figured the good ole A will come up like it usually does but I guess it don't work like that for me. And I'm sry about this stupid thread, just my own fault of making this call, its just really really frustrating when you are trying to build a br and some idiot that gets lucky and takes your chips and then he donks em to someone else and messes up the whole damn game.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Total posts
Yeah, it sucks when that happens. The worst feeling in poker comes when you make the right decision and you don't get rewarded for it. I've been there far too many times.

Unfortunately, it is a risk you have to accept, it comes with the territory (playing this dam game).

There really is no way out against players like this. If they keep shoving soon or later you need to make a stand, and this can be the result.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if in the end he even won the sitngo.
no the idiot donked his chips to someone else leaving him with 6k and the other 2 with 1k each, so basically he just came in there to push all in like a donk.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Basic tourney strategy early should always lean heavily toward survival, and DUCKING!

Your donk could easily know he is tilting folks and taking the chances necessary to get a big stack early. He often fails, but he often succeeds.

Don't get emotionally involved with the game. Your call here was exactly what he was willing to gamble for.

There seems to be at least 2 types of people who start tourneys this way.

1. Totally novice newbies who have no clue, and are sure poker is all luck, and they are feeling lucky today,
and

2. Savvy poker players who understand how to put others on tilt, and want to get a big stack fast or go home fast.

The second type will often calm down after getting 3x the average or more, some go hog wild till they hit the bad streak and then don't have enough savvy to back down. The good savvy players will tone down to just being aggressive, dropping the maniac part of the game.

Don't take it on yourself to beat these guys. Give them enough rope, and they will hang themselves usually.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Total posts
Full Tilt Poker Game #3456888032: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (26422352),

^^^^^^^
This

Christianello

Christianello

Rock Star
Total posts
hey water is wet and the sky is blue,poker is a game of odds and sometimes unlikely things happens like chris Fergusson beat T.G.cloutier at wsop 2000,but in my opinion we must thanks bad player to play like crap,in the average they give good player a lot of easy money

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Total posts
Yo, don't call AJ vs. random in a tournament unless you are dominating with your chipstack.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards

Bothers me more when I make a decision based on emotion rather than sound judgement,( or at least what passes for sound judgement in my game) & get my ass handed to me.

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Total posts
You have to call with AJ against a donkey. 9 times out of 10 you will win against them, but you were the 1 time.. Very unlucky Bob. Keep playing how you are.

E

emosquito

Rising Star
Total posts
I probably would have called ten patted my self on the back for a good play, if if he won~ I thought think donk, so I guess win-win

buick60

buick60

Enthusiast
Total posts
I woulda got beat just like U,been pissed off,cursed FT,growled at my wife and kids........and then played another sitngo lololololololol

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Total posts
You have to call with AJ against a donkey. 9 times out of 10 you will win against them, but you were the 1 time.. Very unlucky Bob. Keep playing how you are.

No, you won't. Even if you are ahead when you go all-in 9 times out of 10, you won't win 9 times out of 10. There are very few hands you can have that are 9:1 favorites over his cards. You call him with overcards 10 times, you'll be ahead 9 and win 6. That's four times you are crippled and six times you have a decent but not dominating stack. AJo versus 96s is roughly 60/40. In a cash game, you take this every time. In SitNGos, you better be very, very confident you can turn a double-up into a 1st or 2nd almost everytime if you are willing to burn 40% of your entries.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Total posts
No, you won't. Even if you are ahead when you go all-in 9 times out of 10, you won't win 9 times out of 10. There are very few hands you can have that are 9:1 favorites over his cards. You call him with overcards 10 times, you'll be ahead 9 and win 6. That's four times you are crippled and six times you have a decent but not dominating stack. AJo versus 96s is roughly 60/40. In a cash game, you take this every time. In SitNGos, you better be very, very confident you can turn a double-up into a 1st or 2nd almost everytime if you are willing to burn 40% of your entries.

66% of statistics are made up on the spot :icon_sant

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Total posts
Fortunately, that was one of the 33%. I checked my numbers on a hand calculator before I posted :)