$Freeroll PLO MTT: Well played?

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noob at Omaha, I kno it's a higher variance game but i get sucked out with Monsters against trash hands often pre flop which is just ridiculous. But I wonder if my play post flop is fine when villain lead on the turn I soul read him exactly to the 3-2 in his hand. Needless to say I had a KQQ9 double suited later on and lost to trash 9972 offsuited all in pre from this same guy. 9 5 5 flop no improvement.

pokerstars Pot-Limit Omaha, 0 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

BB (t1,445)
UTG (t1,785)
UTG+1 (t1,395)
MP1 (t2,275)
MP2 (t14,655)
MP3 (t1,555)
CO (t550)
Hero (Button) (t5,025)
SB (t1,360)

Hero's M: 67.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10
heart.gif
, 2
club.gif
, A
club.gif
, 8
diamond.gif

UTG raises to t100, 3 folds, MP3 calls t100, 1 fold, Hero calls t100, 2 folds

Flop: (t375) 10
diamond.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets t250, UTG calls t250, MP3 calls t250

(I was gonna lead for 350 but with 250 I save a buck if i want to fold it later.)

Turn: (t1,125) 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
UTG bets t1,125, MP3 calls t1,125, Hero folds

(My plan if they both check I ship it to take their stacks cuz I think they would lead turn with nuts or set)

River: (t3,375) 7
heart.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets t310 (All-In), MP3 calls t80 (All-In)

Total pot: t3,535

Results below:
UTG had 2
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
(straight, five high).
MP3 had 7
spade.gif
, A
spade.gif
, 9
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and sevens).
Outcome: UTG won t3,535

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turn this easy fold, we have good stack what play in magrinal situation and you can fold , board very coordinated what play vs 2 villain. ( it all depends our stack size )

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre-. You have a raggedy 3-suited hand with little potential to flop well.

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre-. You have a raggedy 3-suited hand with little potential to flop well.

It has a suit to nut flush i have no cards blocking it and its a fine enough hand to see the flop with for like 3:1 on my money. I dont exactly play nitty for my hand selection last to act on the button, especially with half the table sitting out the hand ranges broaden up, i stated i was looking for post flop analysis not ur opinion on hand selection.

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turn this easy fold, we have good stack what play in magrinal situation and you can fold , board very coordinated what play vs 2 villain. ( it all depends our stack size )

Yeah thanks, partially what i was thinking with the marginal spot altho i knew he had me on the turn and hit his wheel draw. The other guy was a lost cause on tilt i didnt care much for him being strong. I think I played it well as i was looking good and ahead as of how the flop went.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It has a suit to nut flush i have no cards blocking it and its a fine enough hand to see the flop with for like 3:1 on my money. I dont exactly play nitty for my hand selection last to act on the button, especially with half the table sitting out the hand ranges broaden up, i stated i was looking for post flop analysis not ur opinion on hand selection.
Too bad cuz I'm inclined to agree here with 'allin-Arjon' > fold pre.

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tip guys I will make sure I just fold those hands no matter my position or price because it doesn't have multiple combos. But Im not worried about it, i was kinda hoping u guys would give more pointers on post flop instead of the hand selection once again. I havent learned anything since ive been on here

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with your play except on the flop. How about betting equals pot or higher. Have to face only 1 opponent.

Like your folds turn.

G

General3Bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I actually want some pointers on how to play post flop. But alright I see what u mean it would get the money in easier, I figured both were gonna call any size on flop so i chose a little less so i could get away from on turn. It sucks the turn didnt come like a black 8 then I would feel safe enough to ship it with another set blocker. They both had about pot size on turn.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i stated i was looking for post flop analysis not ur opinion on hand selection.
Do you realize you're asking for advice on what to do in a situation you shouldn't be in?

As played, pot the flop. You flopped a fairly vulnerable hand vs two opponents who are probably behind. Make them pay if they want to try to draw out. Saving 100 chips in case you decide to fold later is potentially penny wise pound foolish, in part because you won't fold every time one of them draws out.

Result-wise, maybe you did save a few chips with your small bet. But maybe you lost 375 if they'd have folded to a larger bet.

It also seems at least somewhat optimistic to think an opponent with a set will lead the turn. This may well happen if he turned the set, but if he flopped it and checked with a flush draw out there, might he also check the turn when it's a seeming blank?

Not very hard to find a fold after it goes pot, call on the turn.