$Freeroll NLHE Turbo: i folded AA preflop

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE Turbo: i folded AA preflop

i think i made the right play here. its pretty much the bubble and there are plenty SS's. I thought about min. raising to see what happens but decided folding is the safest play. i do think this is one of those rare spots. i figure i'm 100% to cash by folding.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Full Tilt, 250/500 blinds, 50 ante NL Hold'em Tourney, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
UTG+2: 9,691 (19.4 bb)
Hero (BTN): 4,215 (8.4 bb)
SB: 4,295 (8.6 bb)
BB: 3,610 (7.2 bb)
MP1: 4,290 (8.6 bb)
MP2: 1,120 (2.2 bb)
MP3: 1,835 (3.7 bb)
CO: 3,675 (7.4 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with A:diamond: A:club:
7 folds
Results:[spoil] 900 pot
BB mucked and won 900 (600 net)
[/spoil]

Attachments

• folded AA.JPG
    folded AA.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 37
JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can fold yourself a ticket, do it, even if you have AA.
Good play...;)

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ur 100% right... was playing the bodog mini series freeroll the other day... 2600 runners, 50 remaining&35 paid, was 2nd chip leader and bubbled with Aces vs Queens. Wish Id done the same as you now, and yes I did consider it but there was a bigge prize for first place. good fold

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes correct fold here as u can comfortable get ur ticket risk free. i made a similar post concerning folding AA preflop in a satelite only i wasnt a smart as u and called allin. to my credit he had A3o but unfortunately he hit a flush on the river.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold.. You will make it easy.. I became 1490 in the Record Breaker

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are SURE that you don't need the extra blinds to cash then sure, folding is fine there.

But if you were really shortstacked then i would push since you could hold on a few more rounds.

R

rolltide32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation you made the right decision. You didnt need to play any hands to get into the tourney. Your ticket was locked up if you folded the aces and you knew it. It may have hurt, but you did the right thing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ez fold for sure.
sometimes you can find yourself in a difficult spot, where there's a few shorterstacks but if you fold and they double you could be smoked (obviously not the case here at all).
It's amazing how many players that you'll see playing satellites so poorly. You'll inevitably see the guy who figures that 1st pays more than 20th (if 20 win ticket). I've laughed pretty hard at times, as there's been more than one satty I've been in when the HUGE chip leader ends up losing while having had a stack size around 4x the size he'd need to cash in the satty... but he just can't find the fold button.

I folded KK the other day, UTG with most stacks around the same size but a bigger spew-tard on the BB. Not knowing if I could skate through for the win it was a tough fold but knew if I was going to pick a spot, this wasn't going to be 'it'. I did have to shove again in the next orbit but did so with a hand nowhere near as good, but in a spot that was far, far better.
Congrats on the win... and the fold!!

B

bowlerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That was the correct move even though it is a VERY hard laydown

cheers

A

alexcarlos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very complicated situation here, but of course u could see the flop to take a better decision, in my opinion.

As you, there are a lot of other players that don't wanna lose money here, putting some pressure over them would be fine.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't have done that. You're the button with A's. Raise and take the blinds. Sometimes these foldathons can take you right down to where you are forced to go all in with worse hands.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to disagree with everyone but I would have pushed. Everyone wants to make the money and most play real tight near the bubble. You have 2 players to go and theyre shorter stacks than you. They won't call with air. Every chip counts and with expensive blinds and antes eating me(and them) away I would make the move.

toogood2k

toogood2k

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
realy, if there is 5hands about and you will be in cash then thats right move, if there is 1 person then yes. i should fold any hand if the bigblind is far from me...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to disagree with everyone but I would have pushed. Everyone wants to make the money and most play real tight near the bubble. You have 2 players to go and theyre shorter stacks than you. They won't call with air. Every chip counts and with expensive blinds and antes eating me(and them) away I would make the move.
You all win the same thing...

Folding in Poker