$Freeroll NLHE STT Turbo: $ : Push with the low nuts?

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLOP Freeroll... 6max

3 players, #1 with 10k, myself #2 with 4.5k, #3 with 2.2k. One more #4 insignificant under 1k not in hand. Blinds 150/300.

All three straight call BB.

My hand in BB, 79os

Flop all os 8-10-J

#1 SB immediate check.

My move, try to take down the low stack now and make him chase. Judging by previous betting history, he would have raised preflop w/ KQ. I push all-in. 7 BB for #3 to call.

#3 hesitantly (desperately, I say) calls with J5.

BB folds.

Turn and river were runner 5's.:mad:

I had him well covered, so I had to give it a try and get him out.

Am I just too impatient or is that guy just ridiculously lucky? Even if I didn't push that hard I would have had no idea 55 gave him a boat until he would significantly re-raise me at the end.:secruity:

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was that skill or habit (good or bad)?

NLOP Freeroll... 6max

3 players, #1 with 10k, myself #2 with 4.5k, #3 with 2.2k. One more #4 insignificant under 1k not in hand. Blinds 150/300.

All three straight call BB.

My hand in BB, 79os

Flop all os 8-10-J

#1 SB immediate check.

My move, try to take down the low stack now and make him chase. Judging by previous betting history, he would have raised preflop w/ KQ. I push all-in. 7 BB for #3 to call.

#3 hesitantly (desperately, I say) calls with J5.

BB folds.

Turn and river were runner 5's.:mad:

I had him well covered, so I had to give it a try and get him out.

Am I just too impatient or is that guy just ridiculously lucky? Even if I didn't push that hard I would have had no idea 55 gave him a boat until he would significantly re-raise me at the end.:secruity:

I just want to add, if I didn't make educated gambles like this I would not play. It wouldn't be any fun. Should I play like this and still expect to win or should I not even consider this a serious or skilled hobby and write myself off as a gambling addict? I play like that in paid buyin tourneys as well, the freeroll was a " level up" tourney for a $10k so I took it as seriously as anything else.:confused:

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrong

Im sorry I just realuzed this should be in the "brags and beats" threads. Play on...