$Freeroll NLHE STT: Fun Step 3, first hand QQ 3-way pot

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As mentioned in title this was the very first hand of the fun step 3 on Carbon. Obviously stacks are all the same and no reads on any opp.

Hero (UTG+2): QQ

UTG+1 calls 10, Hero raises to 50, folded to CO, CO and button call 50, blinds fold, UTG+1 calls 40.

Flop: 8h 3h 9d

check, Hero bets pot (215), CO calls, BTN folds, UTG+1 calls

Turn: 6s

check, Hero all-in, CO folds, UTG+1 calls

Would you play this any differently? We also have to take into account this is a Fun Step. While it is the 3rd step, the quality of play is still not great by any means (although not nearly as bad as first 2 steps). Thoughts?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
starting stack size?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
seems fine, i normally wouldnt bet pot, but they probably dont know what htey are doing so it sets up a nice turn shove size.

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what would you normally bet in this situation? 3/4 pot? I was trying to get the stack sizes so that I could shove on any non ace/king turn like you said.

Also, if the turn was a heart, do you still shove? I really had no idea what this guy could have and basically was thinking that he most likely had 2 overs (although probably not AK as I think he may reraise me there)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably, definitely if i held the queen of hearts,
ah i dont mind anything between 3/4 - pot given its a fun step and people are loose passive

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played it the same way. Sometimes nothing you can do...:)

S

Sori

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciate the responses, seems like I played it pretty well. (although it was a pretty straightforward hand I guess). UTG+1 ended up with 7s10s and hit his straight on the turn.

O well, that's how poker goes. I'm just happy it was a funstep and I didn't lose anything except my time. (although that's almost more annoying than losing a few bucks)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks reasonable to me, and I see no reason not to stack off here. Villains can be hanging around with all sorts of stuff we beat on the flop including draws and one-pair hands, 6s is a blank for pretty much all of them on the turn so if we were ahead on the flop we're still ahead on the turn the majority of the time.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands