$Freeroll NLHE STT Deep Stacked: HU in league game vs evil villian (nothing personal mort;))

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE STT Deep Stacked: HU in league game vs evil villian (nothing personal mort;))

so i dont have a converter or HUD
so Im posting screenies-hope thats okay

Game: CC league
heads up with Mortis for 2nd week in a row (he won last game)
know hes aggressive, and steals(borrows) many of my chips

dunno what Im even asking-any opinions on play?

Attachments

• cc1.JPG
    cc1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 47
  • cc2.JPG
    cc2.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 47
  • cc3.JPG
    cc3.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 47
  • cc4.JPG
    cc4.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 47
micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand #2

Attachments

• cca.JPG
    cca.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 47
  • ccb.JPG
    ccb.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ccc.JPG
    ccc.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 47
  • ccd.JPG
    ccd.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 47
sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's tough...both hands almost look similar. you already have a history on the opponent, you know he's aggressive, but are you confident enough to be able to push them all in with second highest pair...
I guess looking back in hind-sight (hind sight is always 20-20 by the way...) if you knew that he probably wasn't going to back down and check on the turn after you called him post-flop, it might not have been a bad idea to raise after flop, and try to put a little pressure on your opponent. Then even if he calls, he might be feeling a little pressure, and he might not push you all in on the turn.
...Unless of course they actually have the top pair, in which case you're screwed either way

prepare

prepare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to give away too much on him, you need to push light and call even lighter.

First hand, push on the flop or fold. Don't call. Besides, why do you 3 bet basically committing yourself, then fold on the turn? When you put that much money in on the flop, you've pretty much committed yourself. Putting yourself in marginal situations (and in the case it wasn't that marginal, you should have called the turn) is something to avoid.

Second hand

Again on the flop, 3 bet him, if he raises; you're beat, and since he is shorterstacked he most likely will not call too much, if he folds, you got a good pot with 2nd pair.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand: min raise pre ainec. You'll get absolutely crushed doing this by any half competent player. Shove flop. I expect him to check shove top pair here and you crush his donking range.

2nd hand: Call flop and bomb blank turn, just fold any club, J or K.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
glad I got some input, ty all
wasnt sure since I didnt really ask a real question

1st hand
mid pr on low flop felt good, i was commited by turn- never folded prepare-won that hand

2nd hand
shoulda reraised his flop bet, he checked turn, so I bet, shoulda shoved-
then he allins river-was a long moment thinking that one over- I still had a good chunk of chips, but enough in pot too, is calling the right option?

Attachments

• cc5.JPG
    cc5.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 30
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea he has pretty much what you expect. He doesn't balance his donking range here so he almost always has a draw/weak hand and why it's going to have so much better ev just shipping flop. Pretty awful call by him pre though imo.

on 2nd one river is a fold. This time his donking range crushes you and he has strong SDV a lot that he doesn't want you to check back. Pretty polarising bet but I don't think he has bluffs here enough since he donked his draw previously and not sure if he is actually good or not and would recognise what cards are awesome to bluff but from these hands he has taken very non standard lines so I'd guess he is doing this for value and not because he realises how you should perceive his range here and how good that card is for him to make a move.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup, my big mistake was calling hand 2- I usually would fold, but Mort has been pushin hard lot of the game- as usual- dunno how much are bluffs, but i went for it- he flips nut flush-where was my boat?
I was def. crippled after that, held on for a bit, but no great comeback
villian beats me HU 2 weeks in a row

i know I have another question but gotta figure it out
thx sooo much Blue...and all

Attachments

• cce.JPG
    cce.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 24
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nothing personal taken.. I play the villain pretty well if I do say so myself.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you devil, you do;)
looking forward to our next encounter!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sizing HU really needs to be a min pre, and cbets can be as small as 35-40% imo, also bet sizing according to hand strength is pretty transparent

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand, is obviously in easy call on turn the way you set it up, 2nd hand I'm raising til it all gets in on that flop. Seems like a really bad spot to float with all the draws out.

Top 10 Games