$Freeroll NLHE: Should I call?

T

thepit89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NL HE: Should I call?

This was on bodog and i wasn't sure if there was a way to convert on bodog so sorry for a the typed format.

I'm on the dealer button with 5200 and the villain is to my right with 3340 chips.

Big Blinds 50/100

My hand: 8h, 8c
Villain's hand: Ad, 10h

Preflop only villain calls the big blind and I raise to 200 SB and BB fold and villain calls.

Flop : 9h 4d Kd

Villain checks, I raise 2 big blinds, villain calls after thinking a bit.

Turn: 9h 4d Kd 8d

The villain checks i raise 400 then he goes all in.

This is where my question comes in. The villain has been playing tight most of the game and has been a calling everything that people throw at him. It was a kind of shaky bet and I am tired of these situations when there is a chance at a flush and you have trips. But I would like to know if there you have trips should you be worried when there are 3 of the same suite on the table.

I called and lost which does not matter to my question.

Turn : 9h 4d Kd 8d 3d

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so since there always chaser and or players who play small suited rags

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't minraise. Your bet sizing in this hand is extremely poor.

Preflop raise to 450 and on the flop bet your regular c-bet of 2/3 the pot and then on the turn you could have easily shoved.

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all a matter of pot odds!
Your bet after the flop has been to low!
Bet more and chase him to make the mistake of calling!
There will be many bad players that will call you.
You want them to call with the wrong odds!
They will hit there flush a few times....That´s Poker!

toogood2k

toogood2k

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Can aggree to RA2000 even with rainbow flop with nuts on flop, there can be backdoor flush, like it have been versus me :) sickzored those hands

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From just this hand plus your saying he was tight and calling a lot, it looks like the opponent was more weak tight the TAG.

Since he is calling a lot, your 200 pre-flop seems pretty likely to get called. If you wanted to build the pot with your mid pair in position, that's fine, but if you wanted a realistic chance he'd fold, 200 wasn't enough. You could also limp behind. Since he's weakish, there's a good chance he'll check the flop unless he gets a pretty decent piece of it, and you can then bet and take it.

After the flop, if you want to fold him out, you once again need to bet more because he's more prone to call than average. Of course, you don't mind too much if he makes a mathematically incorrect call, but the real point is to decide your bet sizing based on what you want to accomplish plus the opponent's play style.

When the turn is a third diamond that gives you trips, what's your goal? Again, it seems like your bet wasn't enough to fold him unless he had almost nothing. So why bet that amount. Either try to bet him out or check behind.

And on the river, whether to call is a guess, but partly because you played the hand in a way that got you little information while not controlling the pot size as much as you might have either.

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the earlier comments are good and don't have any advice to add, but have to voice my frustration with players going all in on a flush DRAW. Have been seeing it a lot lately. Of course, it is not nearly as upsetting when they miss.:D

T

tanistheman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was on Bodog and i wasn't sure if there was a way to convert on bodog so sorry for a the typed format.

I'm on the dealer button with 5200 and the villain is to my right with 3340 chips.

Big Blinds 50/100

My hand: 8h, 8c
Villain's hand: Ad, 10h

Preflop only villain calls the big blind and I raise to 200 SB and BB fold and villain calls.

Flop : 9h 4d Kd

Villain checks, I raise 2 big blinds, villain calls after thinking a bit.

Turn: 9h 4d Kd 8d

The villain checks i raise 400 then he goes all in.

This is where my question comes in. The villain has been playing tight most of the game and has been a calling everything that people throw at him. It was a kind of shaky bet and I am tired of these situations when there is a chance at a flush and you have trips. But I would like to know if there you have trips should you be worried when there are 3 of the same suite on the table.

I called and lost which does not matter to my question.

Turn : 9h 4d Kd 8d 3d
if i were u i would have probably folded because even though he pushed all in with 4 diamonds on the board u would have only lost like six hundred chips and still be a good chip stack.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont raise nearly enough. I would call a min raise all day with an A 10 and to hit 2 diamonds on the flop and only have to pay 2 BB is an easy call. Don't look at the blinds on and after the flop. After the flop you need to raise 2/3 of the pot or somewhere in there. If he's chasing he most likely will fold. Make them pay to chase it. If you're sitting with middle pair you are doing good to win a pot of 600(raise 3x BB and he calls).