$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Would you have folded KK here?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Maybe my 3bet was too small?

NL Holdem $0+$0 (150.00BB)
BTN ($4638)
HERO ($6936)
BB ($5028)
UTG ($2660)
MP ($1784)
HJ ($2368)
CO ($6546)

Dealt to Hero: K K

UTG Calls $150, MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Calls $150, BTN Folds, HERO Raises To $743, BB Folds, UTG Calls $578, CO Calls $578

Hero SPR on Flop: [0.79 effective]
Flop ($2439): 4 A T
HERO Checks, UTG Bets $1917 (allin), CO Folds, HERO Folds

UTG wins: $2439

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Out of position you could iso a little bit larger like 900 chips (6BB), but its not like, your sizing is a huge mistake. It you want to take some hands and size down as an exploit, its certainly AA and KK, since you get so much value from these hands after the flop. Even out of position as here. With KK you are basically just hoping to avoid an A on the flop.

Flop
If it was heads-up against UTG, I would be much more inclined to go for a check-call. But here he had CO left to act behind him, and you might also sometimes be checking a strong hand to trap. Just because you missed your C-bet, does not always mean, you are weak (or at least it should not).

Its also bad, that the board is so dry, because it means, there are not really any draws, he can be jamming. If there was a flushdraw and some OESDs on the board, I would be more inclined to lock him up. But on this particular texture and multiway I think, you are looking at a lot of AX, and I dont think, you have enough equity against his range to make the call.

Its so common for people to go on entitlement tilt with big pocket pairs, but when the board is very bad for your hand, you need to adjust and simply accept, what happened. And especially in a freeroll dont level yourself. The guy jams the rest of his stack into two opponents on a dry A high board, so yeah he probably has an A. Not nessesarely a great A, but even if its A2 offsuit, you still have less than 10% equity. So just let him have it and find some better spots to win chips from these likely very weak opponents.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's hard for me to lay down KK but I think I made the correct play here. Thank you for your informative analysis!

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely ok to fold, going all in into two guys, even if it’s freeroll,on a dry board, means only Ax in his hands. It’s hard to fold KK, but it was correct, and move to the next hand.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UTG makes a limp-call on the preflop. The probability that he has an ace is very high. The pot exceeds its stack, so catching the top pair will put any player all in here. The KK hand is not very good on such a board. Because if you call and see the best UTG hand, then you only have 2 outs to win.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, fold is better here as for me. UTG could bluff or semi bluff, but most likely he had an Ace or set or 2 pairs on flop already.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, fold is better here as for me. UTG could bluff or semi bluff, but most likely he had an Ace or set or 2 pairs on flop already.
Yep. That's what I thought. Thanks for replying.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
It depends on the Villain. If that opponent is tight. He probably has the hand he is representing.
The range of a looser player will also contain ace/x. A call UTG is likely to contain an Ace, and loose players love to play A/8+, even if you had made the raise bigger.
Tight fold, but I think correct.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe he didn't think for a second that any of the his villains would have a better Ace to call him, so I'd say he could very probably be holding A4 or AT for a two pair flop.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe he didn't think for a second that any of the his villains would have a better Ace to call him, so I'd say he could very probably be holding A4 or AT for a two pair flop.

Thats a freeroll, those guys don't think too much.

eduardobigu

eduardobigu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold de forma correta , não queria ver A viu e se não fez Three é o correto desligar a mão ...claro que desligar KK não é fácil mas é o correto:(

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fold buddy. I'm calling if this is a freeroll. Otherwise - grumble folding.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy limp called a 5x iso bet and then jammed flop, in the middle, into two opponents for his tournament life. Not a great spot for KKs by any means - freeroll or not, it's a fine fold here. At best we are hoping he did something really goofy with QQs or JJs and is jamming an A hi flop into two villans like a moron...highly unlikely, even in a freeroll. Is what it is, pick up the pieces and move on if this fool had an Ax hand or TTs, they lost a ton of value by making a play that often gets called by better, and gets worse to fold.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG limp called preflop and then shoved for about 2/3 pot on the flop. He has a lot of aces in his range and might also have TT or 44. You have to let go of your kings good fold.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy limp called a 5x iso bet and then jammed flop, in the middle, into two opponents for his tournament life. Not a great spot for KKs by any means - freeroll or not, it's a fine fold here. At best we are hoping he did something really goofy with QQs or JJs and is jamming an A hi flop into two villans like a moron...highly unlikely, even in a freeroll. Is what it is, pick up the pieces and move on if this fool had an Ax hand or TTs, they lost a ton of value by making a play that often gets called by better, and gets worse to fold.
Totally agree - a lot of new players make it SO easy to play against them. They bet pot or even more often overbet or jam on the flop, and I have 2nd pair marginal kicker maybe even with a marginal flush draw - easy fold. I'll find a better spot where they are completely lost on the hand and get my value from them when they are expecting to win with their top pair.
Others also have sizing tells - that are completely obvious on the flop, to allow me to call, raise or float and take it away on a later street.

Newer players are so concerned with winning each hand they play on the flop with a top pair hand or better rather than playing poker and either getting more value on later streets, or getting more value by letting their opponents bluff at the hand.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think fold.. utg probally have better combinations than KK in this scenary.. its hard but its to only fold.!

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold. Heads up I would think about it, but in a 3 way he wouldn't bluff like that, especially because they called your raise preflop, so a pair of aces is definitely in his range. Unfortunate flop, but had to fold here :(

Folding in Poker