$Freeroll NLHE MTT: weak hand into a monster!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It looks to me like BB might have had a busted straight draw, and put in a probe bet on the river to see if he could pick up the pot cheaply because of the three spades on the board. I would have raised only to 60 or 90 chips here and see if he wanted to 3-bet at it. If not, then 30 chips was all you were going to get out of him anyway. I doubt the player in late position would have put any more chips in at this point.

I think your raise was too big, it gave him the information he was looking for, namely that he was beat.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play tight in begin of tourney and i dont like limp, but lets analize.
You can bet lower on the river, maybe something around the pot (170~200) in an attempt to extract something.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't limp 47s, also since you chose to limp 47s what was the plan on the flop? I mean you didn't bet flop at all (you didn't even try to steal on the flop), so your plan was to what limp 47s and hit the straight flush

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold pre-. Limping hands like this is a leak. Sure, it doesn't cost much when you miss the flop and fold to the first action, but when you get a small part of the flop, which will happen much more often than flopping a really strong hand, you'll have a weak made hand or a weak draw, usually OOP. These are situations that can all to easily lead to bleeding off more of your chips.

S

samuel13korn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i will folded this hand .. but you have some luck on this hand, on the river i will bet a 135 chips

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i will folded this hand .. but you have some luck on this hand, on the river i will bet a 135 chips
this ^
Fold preflop. (as played, bet '100 - 135' on the river)
On the river when sizing your bet... what range do you put villain on that they'd be able to call such a large bet? You want to be 'thinking' about what the other player is thinking (what they're thinking your bet is repping, what they're thinking you're thinking that they're thinking, etc. LoL).

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp 47s, also since you chose to limp 47s what was the plan on the flop? I mean you didn't bet flop at all (you didn't even try to steal on the flop), so your plan was to what limp 47s and hit the straight flush

I wanted to see the turn for free! My hand is very weak, but it has a huge potential! I do not want to risk it!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands