$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: $Ticketroll Juicy Stakes NLHE MTT Turbo: $100 tickets for top 15 (455 people)

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: $Ticketroll Juicy Stakes NLHE MTT Turbo: $100 tickets for top 15 (455 people)

25 people were remaining in this

Blinds T600/T1200
Hero:

Hero Calls T1200 with Th Td
Hero Stack T14500
Villian Stack T18000
Flop: 4s 6d Ts
Villian bets T1200
Hero tanks (Trying to slowplay) Calls
Turn: 8c
Villian bets T1200
Hero calls
River: 7h
Villian puts hero all-in
Hero folds and shows
Villian mucks
Villian wins about T12000

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way I busted out 18th :/ against pocket aces

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KISS. You have 12bb. Shove pre-.

As played, you have 9bb left on the river. How can you possibly justify folding top set? Just because it's not the stone cold nuts?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, just shove it. Are there antes involved here as well? if so, shoving becomes even better.

also, when you limp here preflop, you will see overcards on the flop over 50% of the time i believe (think it's around 60%, can't remember). so yeah, food for thought....

and shove or raise the flop/turn, the board is getting scary, meaning it's more likely he will call with a draw now, but if he misses he might shut down on the river, meaning we miss value. and if he hits his draw, we can't really fold anyway.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would be satisfied with the 5000+ pot on the turn.

With that, I think I would be on the safe spot.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Shove pre, shove flop, shove turn, call river x.X

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to the above, I would not recommend a slowplay on a flushy board.

Shove pre-, shove post, shove, shove, shove.

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate shoving preflop except for with AA or KK, and even then... In fact I busted with AA preflop to 44 (they hit quads) and anyways I think I made the right decision because I put him on A9 before his shove... At this level you don't understand how bad people are... There is almost no concept of pot sizing

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate shoving preflop except for with AA or KK, and even then... In fact I busted with AA preflop to 44 (they hit quads) and anyways I think I made the right decision because I put him on A9 before his shove... At this level you don't understand how bad people are... There is almost no concept of pot sizing

If you're confident about your decision, then I'm curious as to why you asked for a HA?

I play on Juicy and I know what you're talking about, with regard to their skill level, especially in those freerolls. However, it really just comes down to your stack size. You were short. That was a shove spot.

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol what I was hoping for was, "Wow Blake great job!" JK... My biggest leak used to be making great reads and calling anyways and being right, and therefore losing chips so I have plugged that up pretty well by now I was just wondering what you guys thought of it

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair enough. Great job, Blake :D :D

All kidding aside, it's a great thing that you are analyzing your hands and asking for feedback, as that goes a long way towards skill improvement.

That said, part of the onus that you have to contend with is that maybe you're trying to make skillful plays in a freeroll where skill is much less present (and respected)?

I understand that bankroll considerations often require us to play freerolls, especially when we're first starting out, but with that you have to accept that the field is going to be a lot different than, say, a $5.50 BI.

So you have to learn how to adjust your style and your plays in accordance with the field you're up against.

Those JS freerolls are definitely a donkfest, but most freerolls are. So you just have to learn how to move around the wild plays.

That said, I see that you've applied (or will apply) for the freeroll club at CC, which is a great thing, because the level of play there is much higher than you would find in your "standard" freeroll.

Also, I noticed that I belong in another league with you, and I'm not sure if you've joined us in those tournaments yet, but you can expect a high caliber of skill from those too.

My advice, once you join and play in the private freerolls, don't play them like you would play at Juicy.

Keep at it, keep asking questions, keep studying, remain open, and you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks BearPlay! That is some really good advice... I am not trying to brag or anything but I consider myself a good player I have been playing live for a long time and am just trying out online and am trying to see if I can move up to the highest online games with a bankroll by just starting on freerolls... I know I could just deposit $1k online but it is not so much about the money as it is the challenge

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

yep, amazing read congratulations, i hope to never see you at my tables!!

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a good player
Isn't one of the qualities of a good player that he recognizes the skill levels of the opponents and adjusts his own play accordingly?

Against the opponents in an open freeroll, even this late, it's a very easy shove pre. And at any level, you need to get comfortable with shoving 12bb considerably wider than KK+.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know what position you open limped from....but it almost doesn't matter for my response.

Never say "never" or "always" in poker....but here comes one....there are few hands that I will ab-so-fricking-lutely never limp with. Those hands are TT, JJ, QQ. I don't care if I'm heads up, UTG, blind vs. blind...I just don't care, I'll open for a raise 100% with those hands. I'm never open limping and never open folding. That's just me. I will sometimes limp with AK or 88 or AA but NEVER with TT and almost never 99 either.

ok....moving to the flop. I don't think flatting a donk bet/weak lead is terrible here. Once you have hit your dream flop, you'd hate to scare away your customer. I'd be a little afraid of the spades, but I think it is OK to take a little risk here by flatting (I'm assuming you have position and didn't check-call. I think check-calling is a terrible idea).

This hand needs to END on the turn at the latest. Pot is big enough to be happy to drag in. Lots more draws are present now on the turn. You now only have the 3rd nuts as opposed to holding the nuts on the flop. You can only expect your relative hand strength to get worse as there are tons of river cards you'll hate.

my preferred line: raise pre. flat flop. ship turn.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With stack 10bb no need play postflop game, better shove this hand, because our size stack , do not let, do cbet, if in flop will be overcards..

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did have position... I just absolutely hate shoving before the river (On the river no problem)... And I just felt like he had a straight the way it was played... I am actually about 95% sure I did the right decision sometimes you just get a feeling, you know?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, fair enough. but if you fold here DON'T SHOW! you never want your opponents to know what tough laydowns you are capable of making.

You know why, right?