$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: skill or luck

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll Cardz. Chat The middle of the tournament. At the table there are 9 participants, I am in middle position with AA. Raise 3BB with UTG + 1, I'm all-in, button all-in, UTG + 1 all-in. Showdown. The openraiser showed the QQ button - KK. The odds calculator gives me a 66.65% chance of winning against 14.52% and 18.45%, respectively. Chance of a draw 0.38%. It’s easy to guess that a lady came on the flop and both participants of the action with pocket monsters left the tournament.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was unlucky for you that a Q hit the board. Well at least it was a freeroll and not a tournament that you spent money on.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad luck for sure. Just remember you got it in good and today was the 1 in 3 you would loose. Your due to win the next 2 times.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Cardz. Chat The middle of the tournament. At the table there are 9 participants, I am in middle position with AA. Raise 3BB with UTG + 1, I'm all-in, button all-in, UTG + 1 all-in. Showdown. The openraiser showed the QQ button - KK. The odds calculator gives me a 66.65% chance of winning against 14.52% and 18.45%, respectively. Chance of a draw 0.38%. It’s easy to guess that a lady came on the flop and both participants of the action with pocket monsters left the tournament.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

well you posted the chances so you answered your Question :p
how could it be skill to win with a weaker Hand?

good luck for the tripple up next time

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is such a game :) What will happen to you when you lose 98% against 2? )) Stop worrying about such hands, it's just a cooler. Worry about the mistakes that you made personally, and the responsibility in which you are personally. Only on them you can influence and get rid of them in the future. Good luck friend!

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were you I would fold this hand, call from UTG, raise frrom UTG+1 and call UTG+2, very likely that UTG call also this huge bet. You don't defeat them ranges and you have a lot of blinds. Protect your stack.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls is a lot of luck especially turbos. But its usually straight forward. If you get a stack early, you can start building that up by playing more post flop and avoiding the all ins. Its a freeroll so there’s nothing to lose.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I were you I would fold this hand, call from UTG, raise frrom UTG+1 and call UTG+2, very likely that UTG call also this huge bet.
You don't defeat them ranges and you have a lot of blinds. Protect your stack.

If I understand you correctly, you suggest that I fold two aces after raising to 3BB. Then, following your logic, each player in the UTG position can 3bet with any two cards and everyone else must obediently fold. Another scenario: I call, after the flop of the villain set, he naturally checks. I ??? Anyway, one way or another will end with an overbet from the side of the UTG, but will I have to give in shamefully losing the spirit of aces and frightened the ladies on the board? I think that I and my colleague unfortunately lost hands with monsters in this particular case, but at a long distance the ladies are still behind. I would like to continue our dialogue.

Last edited:
L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s a freeroll, but in any other tournament everything would be the same.
And there will be many such distributions, so get used to it))

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's Poker. Sometimes you just run Bad. Pure Luck on that Hand. Sometimes I run so bad that I always lose with the best hand in Tournaments. Good Luck At The Tables!