$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: $ : Freeroll final table: AKo, EP, flushed, paired board

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT Turbo: $ : Freeroll final table: AKo, EP, flushed, paired board

Hi all!

So first off - I am just starting to study poker after being an occasional rec player, so I'm sure this hand is chock-full of mistakes. Please tell me! I'm trying to fix them

OK: Hero wakes up with AKo UTG+1 (UTG folds) at a FT. From pokertracker:

Hero (UTG+1): 27.94 BB
Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has K A

is this bet sizing too large? should I be doing more like 2.2BB here?

fold, Hero raises to 2.6 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.1 BB, BB calls 1.6 BB

Flop: (8.6 BB, 3 players) 3 7 9
SB checks, BB bets 2 BB,

Hero? As played:

Hero calls 2 BB, SB raises to 4 BB, BB calls 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Turn: (20.6 BB, 3 players) A
SB checks, BB bets 3 BB,

Hero? As played:

Hero calls 3 BB, SB raises to 6 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

River: (35.6 BB, 2 players) 9
SB checks

Hero?

I thought the small reraises were weird and weren't sure what to make of them; I was worried about flush draws, figured I would probably go bust if he flopped a set, but was putting him on something like JJ,QQ, Ax as he had been playing pretty tight and was defending from the small blind. The line seemed strange for a backdoor flush draw, too.

Ok - roast me please!

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tink you heve to 3-bet on the flop,on samybfuff and push all in on the turn!

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tink you heve to 3-bet on the flop,on samybfuff and push all in on the turn!

I could see that line - I decided I wanted to peel instead since there were 2 other players in the pot, but on such a dry board I can see it.

S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any other advice? Would love to get any feedback I can - I'm pretty sure I'll be in this spot more often lol.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very nit picky reply here...but it would be helpful if you included the entire hand history with every player's stack sizes. for instance our strategy if we have 27b and most of them have 13bb will be very different then if we have 27bb and most of them have 35-60bb.

that being said.....if you have less than 25-30 bb....then almost no matter how you go broke w AK it doesn't really matter lol.

I would design my preflop raise size to target the specific stack sizes behind me....so it's hard for my reply to continue intelligently without that info....but....

I'm generally gonna raise that 1/4 pot donk from the BB. It represents a lot of draws and 1 pair hands. we can continue vs those....but it's much easier if we knock out SB equity and have some fold equity of our own to go with it.

without knowing villain's stack sizes it's hard for me to say for sure....but I think I'd raise his 2bb flop lead to 10-12bb (my favorite size is 10.5bb. don't ask me why for I cannot say)

All that being said....once we reach the turn....however we reached it. We are stacking off with this hand and our stack size! GLGL!

edit to add: yes the small re-raises are weird. It reads like a set. Specifically a set that isn't afraid because it's a very dry board. But also people are weird and do weird things, esp in the micros. Our hand is too strong to fold on the turn (given our stacksize). maybe with thousands of hands of info on villain we can make an exploitively tight fold. But I doubt that is the case.

Last edited:
S

spr0ck3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nit picky reply here...but it would be helpful if you included the entire hand history with every player's stack sizes. for instance our strategy if we have 27b and most of them have 13bb will be very different then if we have 27bb and most of them have 35-60bb.

that being said.....if you have less than 25-30 bb....then almost no matter how you go broke w AK it doesn't really matter lol.

I would design my preflop raise size to target the specific stack sizes behind me....so it's hard for my reply to continue intelligently without that info....but....

I'm generally gonna raise that 1/4 pot donk from the BB. It represents a lot of draws and 1 pair hands. we can continue vs those....but it's much easier if we knock out SB equity and have some fold equity of our own to go with it.

without knowing villain's stack sizes it's hard for me to say for sure....but I think I'd raise his 2bb flop lead to 10-12bb (my favorite size is 10.5bb. don't ask me why for I cannot say)

All that being said....once we reach the turn....however we reached it. We are stacking off with this hand and our stack size! GLGL!

edit to add: yes the small re-raises are weird. It reads like a set. Specifically a set that isn't afraid because it's a very dry board. But also people are weird and do weird things, esp in the micros. Our hand is too strong to fold on the turn (given our stacksize). maybe with thousands of hands of info on villain we can make an exploitively tight fold. But I doubt that is the case.

Oops - nitpick away; I need to learn to do this right!

BB was short stacked with around 15bb, SB covered us but not by much with like 33bb - this is from memory but I can pull exact numbers from my tracker tonight.

As played:
We get it in after villain checks the river, villain tables 93h for flopped 2pair, rivered full house, and hero questions his entire life and goes to the internet to find out if he's an idiot for not finding the check back

Full Flush Poker