$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Is there an error?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is more bad luck than anything else however there are actions in the hand that you can improve on. I think the pre flop action is just fine with a raise size that is good that will deter those behind you from getting in the pot. I am not a fan of the flop bet as this board hits a lot of anyone's range and you are sitting here with a pair that is below all cards on the board and also drawing to the ass end of the straight. I think it better here to check behind to control the pot as you now do not want to play a big pot. I understand wanting to end the hand there but those successive cards plus two to a flush make me think with villains calling range that he is going nowhere to your bet. It turns out he makes the worst move possible for us and this is a small min raise. Bigger check raises would give us a fold option here but I think you have to make the call here based on money already in the pot.

The turn is the gin card of all gin cards except 7 of diamonds or hearts would be better. I would be aggressive at this point as you were knowing he could have KQ but more than likely I would put him on two pair or a set. In my opinion you correctly get it in on the turn and unfortunately get drawn out on. Only change I would make would be checking the flop but the way the cards come down I bet top set against straight you are getting it in on the turn even with a flop check back. Bad luck