$Freeroll NLHE MTT: T5c, straight on turn, response to 3bet?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds: 125 250

Hero (SB) Chips: 12k
Villain (CO) Chips: 18k

Hero had just moved tables so was only about 10 hands in. Villain appeared to be a TAG player and hadn't played v. many hands.

Preflop:

Fold to CO

Villain limps, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: :2c4: :ah4: :4d4:

Hero bets 500, Villain calls.

Turn: :3h4:

Hero bets 2000, Villain raises 4000, Hero???

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...Hero shoves for graet justice?

I don't like the line up to the turn, but once we get there we have about 8000 in the pot and not much more behind in our stack. There's only one hand that beats us and there's a load of Ax / two pair stuff in villain's range that he'll probably stack. I see no reason not to shove.

F

fishinthesea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should probably shove here imo. He's probably on Ax.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold pre, it's just not worth completing.

there is no 3bet on the turn, only a minraise. pretty easy jam on turn after the min raise, people don't tend to randomly bluff in limped pots

don't like leading flop if you do decide to complete sb, maybe it's ok if you have a bd fd too but it's just not worth it

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds: 125 250

Hero (SB) Chips: 12k
Villain (CO) Chips: 18k

Hero had just moved tables so was only about 10 hands in. Villain appeared to be a TAG player and hadn't played v. many hands.

Preflop:

Fold to CO

Villain limps, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: :2c4: :ah4: :4d4:

Hero bets 500, Villain calls.

Turn: :3h4:

Hero bets 2000, Villain raises 4000, Hero???
Curious where's the 3 bet? Is it not a RR? As for the hand I'd simply 3 bet here and get it A.I, The only hands that I'd see limp call is Ax or some sort of small pair that takes this line 22/44/33, I can't see limping with 56 (Maybe suited), but still I can't see limping with this hand from a LAG, I'd see raising it pre from a LAG but limping I don't think so..So with this said and done Get err in, but as other's stated let it go, also what are the blind levels at? I can't seem to tell 250-500? Sry didn't glace at the blinds but seen it after wards..1 more thing is your title question should you 3 bet here? If so ya because you only have little left behind so He/she would never fold in this case and you should have the best hand right now

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should've folded preflop then? Or checked the flop?

Easy fold preflop IMO, and even easier check on the flop. You're OOP against two players with ten high and a gutshot, if you get raised you have to fold and if you get called you're hating life unless you catch a three on the turn because even if you hit your ten there's still a good chance you're behind.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre, Check/fold flop, 3-bet Shove turn

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just fold pre. T5 isn't even a speculative drawing-type hand - you will often just end up winning a small pot or losing a big pot with it and given stacks it's not worth getting involved. I know it's cheap to get involved, but unless you flop two pair+ you're not going to be confident at all in your hand and this could lead to you throwing a hell of a lot more than half a bb away.

Not sure why we're bluffing OOP on the flop into two players whose range is two cards of some description either! :p

As played jam turn - it's a freeroll so you'll be up against someone horrible enough to have two pair or a flush draw or something often enough for it to be profitable in the long run (he may 'seem' like a TAG but (a) 10 hands isn't enough to judge someone on and (b) a lot of tight PF players in freerolls play reasonably well preflop but have absolutely no clue what they're doing once they see a flop).