$Freeroll NLHE MTT: should i call the river?

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you kidding?
you should fold thins hand on every street starting from preflop

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folded on time before a possible disaster, but I would before that.. on the turn.. 10s, Js, Qs, Ks, As, KQ, KJ, K10, AK, AQ, AJ, A10 are all possible hands for vilain. that free turn puts you in a tough spot. I'm not sure 10s with Q kicker was enough to call on the turn here..

Maybe a raise preflop would have give you a better idea on your opponent's cards.. He's the first raiser at BB.. that includes so much of possibilities..

-TRP-

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Under the gun with Q, 10 offsuit. Fold preflop. You are also against the big blind who could have anything (since there was no raise preflop). Fold after the turn.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn 100% call. River 100% fold. Jack is a very bad card for you. If you will see 2-T on the river - you must call, because you have good bluffcatcher.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure why you tried to limp with QTo from UTG, but let's forget about that for a second. With a flop like that I would make a bet to have a better feeling on the situation. It's believable that you'd be limping with a K. If you get a call or reraise, the hand is over for you. That way you'd lose a lot less than by doing what you actually did and would get more information on their range.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shouldn't ask if you should to call the river, the question here is if you played your hand good in every street, I think you did bad pre-flop, limping QTo from UTG is really bad play.

S

slickjperez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Either raise pre with Q10off or let it go, limping was a bad decision. The turn was more than likely a good call but on the river he probably had an A or a J.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling on the turn is fine. Folding on the river makes sense to me without a read.

If you graduate to buy-in tournaments, you'll want to give up on the early position limping with QTo. If you have reasons to play, you should come in raising. Folding is fine as well.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold pre (definitely) or at LEAST raise (better than limping).

As played, fold to the raise.

I would literally NEVER find my way to this flop in this manner, but if I did I'd be stabbing flop to try to take it away on flop and turn.

... as played I GUESS we have to call turn but I HATE it.

The river is a definite fold, because people just really don't take this line with pure air almost ever as the PFR. It's just such a favorable board for them to just cbet flop with air that it's pretty rare for them to delayed cbet it. I'd expect this line to be a K, or TT/JJ SUPER often.

So nice job saving money on the river, but we would have saved soooo much more by folding pre.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After such a flop and on the turn it was not worth calling.:icon_shak