$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Set Over Set Over Set

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok i have pocket 7s and call a smallish raise the flop is 10,7,A
i flop a set and am confident i have the nuts, i raise and the other two shove so i shove thinking they have 2 pair, maybe qj for those loose players in a freeroll but it turns out the other players have AA and the other has TT

kind of crazy :) any way to get out of this hand?

please any suggestions i think its tough to lay down such a hand like this, would any of you do anything different? :D

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't post results. Convert a hand history. There's not enough information about the hand posted to offer a proper analysis. I'm surprised you need help on how to play this hand though. You're very new to poker, yes?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't post results. Convert a hand history. There's not enough information about the hand posted to offer a proper analysis. I'm surprised you need help on how to play this hand though. You're very new to poker, yes?

not enough info? i explained the situation, it was set for everyone right on the flop, that doesn't happen very often, if you are surprised i need help how to play the hand what would you have done different? i guarantee you would not have folded a set with the only hand beating you is AA there

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep that answers my question.

If you're guaranteeing how other people would play then you don't need to make a topic asking how other people would play.

A set of sevens does not beat a set of tens.

the likelyhood someone does not shove TT or AA preflop is low in these games, clearly you are an inexperienced player, you would of shoved the 77 set as well, and most of the time that is the winning hand, i guess people don't play as loose as i thought thoug

DaReKa

DaReKa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll, I'm always getting it in. In a bigger tourney, I'm still getting it in, but I wouldn't criticize a fold.

DaReKa

DaReKa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the likelyhood someone does not shove TT or AA preflop is low in these games, clearly you are an inexperienced player, you would of shoved the 77 set as well, and most of the time that is the winning hand, i guess people don't play as loose as i thought thoug
He isn't saying you shouldn't call the shove. He's saying this a stupid thread, because you already know the answer. It's a cooler - it doesn't need analysis.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He isn't saying you shouldn't call the shove. He's saying this a stupid thread, because you already know the answer. It's a cooler - it doesn't need analysis.

ok next time i will post up something more analysis worthy, all im saying is i made the right decision

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clearly you are an inexperienced player

Clearly.

you would of shoved the 77 set as well, and most of the time that is the winning hand, i guess people don't play as loose as i thought thoug

Um you do realize I never said not to call, right. Thanks for the advice on how to play flopped sets in freerolls. Do you have any other tips to share.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I suppose I may have been a bit too subtle. Thanks for spelling it out.