$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Set on the flop was a trap for me

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your raise pre flop looks good, but after 3bet you should fold. I fold here with pain, but with 33 it is too risky to play.

G

gazrosenau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had to fold to the 3bet there, 3s are not worth risking your tounement life for so early on

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't listen to them. Fold small pairs from early position.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre >>> all.
the stack is too short to play for setmining. U r 12x so u are already on push/fold mode.

as played fold to the 3bet

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had to fold to the 3bet there, 3s are not worth risking your tounement life for so early on

3bet wanted to put the first, but changed his mind and decided to defend their set all-inn .. feared that the turn will improve the players

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have much chips to work with at the moment, with 12 BB I'd elect to just fold this hand since we know we have to hit the 3 while avoiding opponents making sets or better. Pocket 3s are as bad as pocket 2s since all flops (minus 2-2-2 and 3-3-2/3-2-2) will have high cards.

J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play pocket 3's. You did a nice raise after the flop to get some value, but I would not have called the pre-flop raise.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, as in dont even open the pot to begin with, vs the 3 bet very easy fold

edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold preflop, as in dont even open the pot to begin with, vs the 3 bet very easy fold

small pocket pairs, often turn into monsters on the flop and take the pot off of hands like AK or AQ! I've won a lot of very big banks, going to the flop with a small pocket pair, and then catching a set, or a full house or quads! .. important to go with a cheap pair in the bank, so you do not regret fold!

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
small pocket pairs, often turn into monsters on the flop and take the pot off of hands like AK or AQ! I've won a lot of very big banks, going to the flop with a small pocket pair, and then catching a set, or a full house or quads! .. important to go with a cheap pair in the bank, so you do not regret fold!

You don't have anywhere near the correct odds to be set mining here, plus being UTG you open yourself up to a lot of trouble from people behind plus being OOP most of the time post flop.