$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Pre flop - All in decision with AK

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand took place in the league game.

For those who do not know, the league consists of games where every position earns you certain amount of points, where last position earns you 1 point and the first gets 60.

That being said, keep in mind that this is sort of a ITM situation.

I am 3rd in chips overall in the tournament, opponent is the chip leader.

No HUD, so no real stats on the opponent, just a general observation that players like to play more on the tight side in the league.

What would you do in this spot?

pokerstars Home Game Hand #193369221659: {CardsChat League B} Tournament #2447621950, 17000+3000 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (40/80) - 2018/11/15 22:44:38 CET [2018/11/15 16:44:38 ET]

Table '2447621950 3' 9-max Seat #4 is the button

Seat 1: Gregory0201 (2285 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 2: migesan (2505 in chips)
Seat 3: BozovicDJ (6400 in chips)
Seat 4: Fozzi85 (3517 in chips)
Seat 5: BOGMARS1 (1767 in chips)
Seat 6: zam220 (13574 in chips)
Seat 7: MattRyder (4775 in chips)
Seat 8: gjwalk (2681 in chips)
Seat 9: No1eJoker (397 in chips)

BOGMARS1: posts small blind 40
zam220: posts big blind 80

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BozovicDJ [Kh As]

MattRyder: folds
gjwalk: folds
No1eJoker: folds
Gregory0201: folds
migesan: folds
BozovicDJ: raises 120 to 200
Fozzi85: folds
BOGMARS1: folds
zam220: raises 13364 to 13564 and is all-in
BozovicDJ: folds [Kh As]
Uncalled bet (13364) returned to zam220
zam220 collected 530 from pot
zam220: doesn't show hand

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would fold, as you did. There's no reason for zam220 to go all in here given that the blinds are still so small, unless he has a high pair. AK is at best a coin flip and you have a lot more poker that you can still play ahead of you.

H

hellyeah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak is a good gamble hand play..

H

hellyeah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to say dont know anything about your oponent and your history with AK before this.. so all we know here is Ak is a strong hand go for it

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
standard fold. Any pair has 7% edge.......OVER you. You can pick better spot with QQ KK AA for all those BB's there is still a lot of poker too play.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good fold. Even you fold this hand. You didn't lost too much chip.

You can mark villain will do this action. Next time call him with JJ+.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's ok to fold in that spot since you have a good stack and your opponent has you covered. Nevertheless, zam220 wouldn't have a stack as big as they have by playing only KK+. I would say they're shoving any A9+ and 88+. Of course, you don't want to put such a good stack at risk, specially because of ICM, but I think you were probably dominating them or maybe slightly behind of a pocket pair.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's ok to fold in that spot since you have a good stack and your opponent has you covered. Nevertheless, zam220 wouldn't have a stack as big as they have by playing only KK+. I would say they're shoving any A9+ and 88+. Of course, you don't want to put such a good stack at risk, specially because of ICM, but I think you were probably dominating them or maybe slightly behind of a pocket pair.

This was my point of view too. He shouldn't be playing only KK/AA like this, but a way bigger variety of hands. Tbh, I was thinking even some KQs or maybe QJs is in his aggro range, but didn't want to risk all the stack, just to see a 6-outter hitting or something similar.

On the other hand, the reasoning behind the call is the stack that I would have in case of a win. I would be the chip leader, with a stack twice as big as the 2nd in chips. Knowing my strengths in game, I rarely lose such huge stacks and advantages, and usually go to the top 3 places at least, when given such a good stack early.

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say this is a fold too. It seems like it's still early days in the tournament from the blind level and I don't feel like it's worth risking the good stack you have thus far. He could definitely be shoving here with alot of things so there's a reasonable chance you call and he shows like AT or something, maybe worse. But given the fact that he has you covered by more than double and that you would probably rather preserve your position rather than risking everything to double up means I'm definite;y folding here.

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a fold

AK at such a depth to all in in the cold, uniquely fold!

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get this in very happily in freerolls and buyins under 3$.

First of all, ty for your reply!
Despite this being a freeroll, it is not of a usual sort. A lot of good players play it, the game is actually very hard, harder then any micro stake tournament I played online.
With that being said, would you still call? Since this is a team event, would you risk busting out so early and receive 3-4 points for your team, when you have a stack that can easily go towards the top places that are worth 35 or more points?

Last night, I played a similar event, in the CC homeclub. Got AK UTG, player to my left shoved, we had similar stacks and I called. Classic QQ vs AK and I was out, earning only 1 point for my team when I could possibly stand my ground and go for a better result...

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call in low cost tourney
his range can be easy like 22+ KQs+ ATs+ AJo+

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold, if he's tight, it's been easy to say that raise all in is A-A, Q-Q or K-K

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Snap call with a smile on face! :smokin:

J

JupiterSK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Здесь двойное мнение. Я бы сделал звонок, если zam220 - агрессивный игрок. И если он плотный, я бы сбросил карты.