$Freeroll NLHE MTT: P.S privilege free roll, to Hero call or not

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player is knew to the table, only had played 7 hands, in those 7 hands had either bet so big preflop (Like 8x Pre or ended up open shoving)..So I didn't know if my hand was any good by the river and they were slow playing a monster or bluffing...

I personally believe that they were bluffing but I don't know for sure...

The reasons, I believe this is by the way the betting went...But since I don't know anything else, what the heck is this big river bet?

Obviously the safe play here is to fold, but could I realistically make this call and be ahead?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0 Tournament, 1,250/2,500 Blinds 500 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t63,930)
Hero (BB) (t117,926)
UTG (t65,474)
UTG+1 (t56,782)
MP1 (t41,557)
MP2 (t52,454)
MP3 (t58,346)
CO (t124,719)
Button (t37,723)

Hero's M: 14.29

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3
club.gif
, 3
heart.gif

5 folds, CO calls t2,500, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (t10,750) 5
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
, A
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t10,750) 7
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t10,750) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t55,000, Hero?

It is for half my chips we are final 200 in the Privilege tourney, what do you all think

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just folding because he's bet what, about 5 times the pot? And what do you expect him to be entering the pot with and making a massive over bet bluff on the river? QJ? That would be foolish since it has showdown value. I'd say he probably made trips on the river and is trying to get as much value as he can. Sure there's a chance he's making a bad bluff, but it seems like too much of a risk to me to call this huge over bet. The way you say he made huge raises pre flop tells me he basically treats everyone ad total fish and expects to get large value from strong hands.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is not necessary risk your tourney with 33, you can wait for the best spots and watch more this adversary.

Reborn_Jobi

Reborn_Jobi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 33 is instant fold, dont worth it.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just folding because he's bet what, about 5 times the pot? And what do you expect him to be entering the pot with and making a massive over bet bluff on the river? QJ? That would be foolish since it has showdown value. I'd say he probably made trips on the river and is trying to get as much value as he can. Sure there's a chance he's making a bad bluff, but it seems like too much of a risk to me to call this huge over bet. The way you say he made huge raises pre flop tells me he basically treats everyone ad total fish and expects to get large value from strong hands.
fully agree

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold..To many hands have you beat, wait for a better spot.

R

ricksterrick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a freeroll hard to say for sure what he has but I highly doubt 33 is good so yea easy fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And to think that I've been trying to get you to fold weak top pr. hands:confused: :rolleyes:
(I must be the f'n donkey)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And to think that I've been trying to get you to fold weak top pr. hands:confused: :rolleyes:
(I must be the f'n donkey)

Against you I'll snap BTM pair, Ace highs in some circumstances, and even low 2 high 4 flush'd draws (The odd times);) :rolleyes:

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold with your 3 3. There are so few hands that you could beat. And its not worth risking half your stack. We have got little infomation because there is no betting on the flop and turn and therefore call is npt justified