$Freeroll NLHE MTT: KTo in MP1

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've put the result and my thoughts about the hand in the spoiler bellow. Thanks for your analysis.

75/150 Ante 20 early free roll on PS. Hero in MP1, Villain in SB

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero :kh4: :10c4:
UTG folds, Hero(3633)calls 150, MP2 folds, LJ folds, HJ calls 150, CO folds,BTN folds, SB(6125) calls 75, BB checks.

Pot 780

*** FLOP *** :9s4: :3c4: :10d4:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 450, HJ folds, SB calls 450, BB folds.

Pot 1680

*** TURN *** :9s4: :3c4: :10d4: :8d4:

SB checks, Hero bets 750, SB calls 750

Pot 3180

*** RIVER *** :9s4: :3c4: :10d4: :8d4: :5s4:

SB bets 4755 and is all-in

Hero calls 2263 and is all-in

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SB shows :5d4: :9d4: two pair
Hero shows :kh4: :10c4: a pair
SB collected 7706 from pot
Hero finished the tournament in 2812th place

I thought he was going for a flush draw, or straight draw with QJ because he was so passive and since I had top pair I thought I was in a good spot. In hindsight that all in bet on the river was pretty revealing, but I fold so many times in spots like these. He didn't seem like a strong player and quite passive in general. Should I just brush it off as unlucky river or is this a leak in my play? Should I just believe they have it, should I bet more on the turn, is there anything I could have done differently except fold?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
found in other thread: at low stakes (or below):
when villain makes big raise on river: has good hand (nearly always)
you only had 1p, should have folded.

other, maybe others can advise if good or bad:
on flop: you have top pair+high kicker, consider 100-130% pot size bet to discourage draw hunters

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You messed up the hand preflop NO LIMPING, and the SB probably doesnt come along, but you limped and let everyone and their mom enter the pot and lost to 95

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opponent usually would play monster hand this way on the river. And i don't prefer this limping style with marginal hands.

portuga

portuga

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with 8bod8
"when villain makes big raise on river: has good hand (nearly always)"

But to improve your game I suggest to you that do not ever play a hand with a cold limp, you don't get any information about the villans and sometimes you get into a weird situation like this...
with that board I am probably put the villan with a good hand, but since he showed a two pairs with 95, just make note and next time bet a lot against him with a good top pair

GL!!!

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open limping is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Also playing K10 off in MP, even as an open raise, is a -EV play.

As played, river is an obvious fold. Villain seems to be a very passive player. You are beat here. X/c x/c push seems like a fishy, but very strong, line. My guess is a slow played straight/set or some weird 2 pair hand.

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opponent usually would play monster hand this way on the river. And i don't prefer this limping style with marginal hands.

Raising doesn't seem to accomplish anything in free rolls unless it's around 8-10 BB, people just call call call all day. Usually when I raise I don't hit any flops and then feel committed to C bet to show strength, meanwhile villain hits some hand and raises for a costly fold. Busted out of another free roll just now with preflop raised AA to KQ two pair. Can't get upset about that but it's the kind of hands I run into recently. Sorry, don't mean to turn this into bad beat thread.

C

Chewfulitsch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open limping is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. Also playing K10 off in MP, even as an open raise, is a -EV play.

As played, river is an obvious fold. Villain seems to be a very passive player. You are beat here. X/c x/c push seems like a fishy, but very strong, line. My guess is a slow played straight/set or some weird 2 pair hand.

So how should I think about this? Better to try a raise since I'm behind Ace combos and KJ+ combos and any pair? I doubt free roll players would fold 55+ pairs and broadways so maybe I should play this in later positions if it folds to me. Some of them stick around with suited cards which can be very annoying to deal with.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KTo easy fold from Mp1. This is a very weak hand.
It only takes premium hands at early positions.
I think this hand is a good example of why we throw such hands
If you play this hand aggressively, it's mostly unprofitable.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how should I think about this? Better to try a raise since I'm behind Ace combos and KJ+ combos and any pair? I doubt free roll players would fold 55+ pairs and broadways so maybe I should play this in later positions if it folds to me. Some of them stick around with suited cards which can be very annoying to deal with.

If your going to play, play for a raise. NEVER open limp. Never! With that said, just fold K10o in MP.