$Freeroll NLHE MTT: It was a mistake to make squeeze?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mates, this is a game of the CC homegames league.;)

I have doubts about my squeeze, maybe I should have made it smaller, to make fold, if the player who opened does push, what do you think.
Or okay, and there was no escape from this hand.:D

https://www.boomplayer.com/31713942_189D142592

gl all :) :p

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd be very very suspicious of a player raising out of position like that. Once he goes all in, I don't think you can fold. But you can avoid trying to squeeze someone whose range is extremely narrow in their position.

S

Smart_Hand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good play. I would probaly shove in freeroll

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, all is ok. you played well, may be you should have it bigger, but its no matter anyway cause you've got the push from opponent. just coinflip, all is fine.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a little bit of a cooler. I have started to flat more with AKs in position to try and take advantage of the drawing nature of the hand. It just doesn't always improve and you are sitting with A high. But with all the possible dead money there I probably would have 3 bet got it in because if you flat there the blinds may come along and then you go to the flop 5 handed and lose a lot of equity to your AKs. On the other hand, it would have been very easy to get away if 5 people saw that flop. Interesting to think about but probably too results oriented. Pretty standard as played.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with those stack depths, 3 bet/calling the shove is fine. Bummer you ran into aces, but that does occasionally happen.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played it fine. The size is good as well. AK is too good to 3bet and fold with those stacks. Just unlucky to run into AA.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just a cooler. Normal play absolutely!

Z

zika_teror

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im back in poker world games after long time.:eek::eek::eek:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mates, this is a game of the CC homegames league.;)

I have doubts about my squeeze, maybe I should have made it smaller, to make fold, if the player who opened does push, what do you think.
Or okay, and there was no escape from this hand.:D

https://www.boomplayer.com/31713942_189D142592

gl all :) :p

Thank U 4 Posting

AcKc on the button is a 3 bet for value not a squeeze. A squeeze involves getting folds from hands that have more equity than yours by using a third player as leverage. No hand that has more equity than yours is ever folding as you found out. So AcKc is virtually never a squeeze.

Effective stacks are 22 BB's preflop getting all in with AcKc vs standard villain ranges is not a mistake. Only if we knew this villain was incredibly tight could we consider folding. Raising smaller does not clarify our situation as the villain may think they have more fold equity and shove a wider range such as AQs AJs KQs etc. If we fold to that range we are making a serious mistake.

Can shoving be the better option. We know no matter what we are getting all-in with this holding at this stack depth. The question becomes can we add equity to our hand by causing some folds and all-in calls? Would villain fold 66 to a shove? Would they be more likely to get all in with KQs A10s as the shove could be bluffy?

Hope this helps

:):)