$Freeroll NLHE MTT: In the end I see I overplayed. Was this wrong in the river or from the get go :(

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$Freeroll NLHE MTT: In the end I see I overplayed. Was this wrong in the river or from the get go :(

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds 10 Ante (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php
UTG (t605)
UTG+1 (t3,600)
MP1 (t38,456)
MP2 (t6,858)
MP3 (t460)
CO (t460)
Button (t10,960)
SB (t21,370)
Hero (BB) (t6,202)
Hero's M: 25.84
Preflop: Hero is BB with K
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif

7 folds, SB raises to t200, Hero raises to t1,200, SB calls t1,000
Flop: (t2,490) 10
spade.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t1,700, SB calls t1,700
Turn: (t5,890) A
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t3,292 (All-In), SB calls t3,292
River: (t12,474) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t12,474
Results below:
SB had Q
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Queens).
Hero had K
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(one pair, Aces).
Outcome: SB won t12,474

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things:

Preflop - 3B is fine but make it smaller. I like 500 - 600 here.

Flop - continuation bet is good and the sizing relative to the pot is fine, too. I do like a larger than half pot CB here.

Turn - if he hit the flop, the ace may have given opponent two pair, given they call a strong CB on the flop. hands you're beating that might call a bet include KQ or AJ, but less likely. I check behind.

River - if he has a hand, he should bet. Highly unlikely river helped opponent ... you were either ahead or behind on the turn and the same is true here. I call some bets on this river and it depends on opponent. Also depending on opponent and the few hands I beat that will call, I will generally decline to bet here if checked to me (again).

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre flop your sizing is way to big (600 is fine) and given he called such large raise you have to realistically put him on a decent strongish range consisting of like TT/JJ/QQ and other broadways which make pairs/two pairs + pair + straight draws. It's unlikely he's calling low/middle pairs given your raise size and that's the only hands you might get to fold this flop but when he calls, this is for sure a x/f on the turn even though you turned the Ace it is pretty bad given card given his flop calling range, even if he called AT/AJ/AQ we're still crushed and he's never going to flat (or unlikely) A rags, then float the flop and stack of on the turn with it.

You have to try and think of what they are calling your raise with pre and realize this flop is the absolute worse of flops for you even if you have 2 overs with the king likely being a really bad card for you anyway and a gut shot, so really you only have 3 clean outs, as difficult as it might be these flops are easy x/f, unless of course he min bets the flop giving you insanely good odds.

Given stack sizes and the flop; this is a classic example of over playing AK.

Last edited:

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as always , when oop and opponent call . it is float or we are behind . pot control is 1 solution and a fold if opponent is tight .

the most difficult it is when opponent float regulary .

i make usualy this mistake trying to let opponent fold but he doenst want . usually im behind .

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may sound funny, but since it's a freeroll, and if the villain is playing aggressive, I would shove before the flop, to make it look like a steal. A shove could look like not giving him credit for the min raise and pushing with a marginal hand, when you actually have a hand. The villain has a ton of chips too, so he can call you lighter than usual with hands like AJ, or KQ suited if he thinks he's flipping.

For the way you played the hand, I would 3 bet a little smaller, I like the size of the c bet on the flop. On the turn, I actually don't mind the shove, since he could have a hand like a pair and an open ended straight draw. You could also check as well for pot control. The villain made a good play by smooth calling the 3 bet, a lot of people would 4 bet shove with QQ there. He disguised his hand well.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds 10 Ante (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php
UTG (t605)
UTG+1 (t3,600)
MP1 (t38,456)
MP2 (t6,858)
MP3 (t460)
CO (t460)
Button (t10,960)
SB (t21,370)
Hero (BB) (t6,202)
Hero's M: 25.84
Preflop: Hero is BB with K
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif

7 folds, SB raises to t200, Hero raises to t1,200, SB calls t1,000
Flop: (t2,490) 10
spade.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t1,700, SB calls t1,700
Turn: (t5,890) A
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t3,292 (All-In), SB calls t3,292
River: (t12,474) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t12,474
Results below:
SB had Q
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Queens).
Hero had K
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(one pair, Aces).
Outcome: SB won t12,474
SB is a second big stack at the table. Besides it is a classic war, SB vs BB. Your opponent can have very loose range here, remember that. You should think about it that you lose like a coin flip IMO. Take care.