$Freeroll NLHE MTT: How should I play, AKs?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the post-flop re-shove was necessary. When he led out on the flop that makes me think you are probably behind. Call or fold would have been prudent.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate everything about this. I need some education, is this something new that is being taught to 3bet from 300 to 500 why arent you making it like 900-1000. The guy who iso'd the limp made it 3x raise and you dont even make it 2x. Hate the shove on the flop. Once again I dont understand what we doing with that raise.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Your preflop raise doesn't really achieve anything except inviting calls from BB and Limper2. There aren't a lot of bluffs in the villains lead on the flop - maybe J10 - but in a freeroll I would say it is 9x most likely.
3. I would not fold on the flop as you can improve against villains range with any A, K or heart. Your jam is a mistake that most of the time will only be called by a better hand.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I see it, it was a coinflip from the beginning. If you did go all in preflop he would call and that would be the same outcome. I play ak as a starting hand most of the time unless I want to flip, but thats me.

Maybe an amateur question, but can you explain the logic behind not shoving preflop and shove on the flop? What are you trying to do with that move on such a flop?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my position if I'm in the CO or button I'd 1/2 pot raise if it was folded to me. If I was raised by an earlier position I'd just call. The only way I'm 3betting is if there's multiple limpers tagging along. The bad news is that in freerolls most are willing to fold to normal 3bets so you basically have to decide if your ahead and if that's the case you have to shove. BB to SB if everyone limps I shove. Any other position I pot bet the pot

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see two errors - 3-bet pre-flop, adding only 2 BB. It was obvious that at least one player (your villain who made the first raise) will call. You should either make a call (and do not overpay), or put a bet in the amount of the bank.

The second error is the all-in flop, with the hand not ready for opening. A low board, but you still have nothing, except for the high card. Your hand is beaten by any pocket pair of a villain, and his aggression should prompt that this pair he has.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Raise at least 1000 preflop and just call his lead bet because you have two over cards and a backdoor flush draw plus you are in position. The jam wasn't necessary at all. You are in position so you will have the information you want about his cards in the turn and the river.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have just called, cheap price to see another card. He could have a 9 or 8, even an over pair. Very risky losing most of your chips with only 6 outs.

rossi007

rossi007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st of all in ur post u recon u thought they may had 1010 so based on that u shouldn't have raise (especially go all in) in the first place....u tried to bluff and didn't work...best way is to follow and then to fold as they could had a straight draw or a set....don't worry I do the same mistake also some times...also somebody told me ones don't raise the raiser. its always hard to fold AK but AK are not the best hand(especially in ur occasion after flop) . if u had wait turn then river as a follower maybe u had saved few chips....that's my opinion...Also when u have a strong hand and someone raise u what is better to scare him and lose the chance to get more chips by go all in or to follow and get the max of the chips u could get....im talking generally now and not in the specific occasion u post...also try to get as much info from ur opponent if he is tight and raise possible his strong if he is a all in guy kill him...did I make any sense to u? anyway remember also never cry about the chips u lost and try to focus and regroup...never quit....glgl on ur tables ..cu soon

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
As others have said, preflop 3bet should be around 1000, at least 900. On the flop, you call with two overcards and bdfd, but folding is not bad neither, since freeroll players rarely play donk air. Shoving is just burning money.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is not your cards or his cards.
The problem is the freeroll .... Some players play like morons think they are the kings of the bluff, bet without thinking and raise the same way. They play with 3 and 7, then they touch their flushes or colors ..... or their brelans. Some do with pocket two served ...
That, in my levels where is the problem.
:captain:

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you should raise pre flop, bit if you are playing freerolls i would just call. people go all in with nothing and win!!!!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have raised more preflop, at least 900. On the flop I would have just called his bet. Maybe even fold.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you are right, was a missclik. on the flop I played very badly, I was tilt for other bad beats. Thank you all for your advice.
I would have raised more preflop, at least 900. On the flop I would have just called his bet. Maybe even fold.

Last edited:
T

tgeezee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is all in pre to a raise in a free roll.. you had him covered take your flip ..

you decided to make a min raise of some kind then turn AK into a bluff on the flop that was not good for you in any way .... you say your read ..give him a variety of pairs that definatly don't dislike that board but would you fold JJ KK QQ 10 10 99 88 77 6655 half them hit Sets half of them are over pairs ... I'm not sure what AK will accomplish I'm also not sure where the reads came from just your holding AK made his raise put him on one of those hands .. Did you really have a read or a Standard possible guess as to the top of his range ..

AK is a drawing hand make sure you understand that ..about 50% most the time if you make it to the river you will make top pair / kicker
yes it can win as High card
it can be annoying Miss flops with nice hands

Play some Omaha you will learn the most about not betting bad in that game
checking AA because well its not very good any more .. and bluffing when and when not to bluff ...

Bluffing is a Story ..... successful bluffs are good storys ..
ever hear firing the 3rd bullet
thats 1 bluff 2 bluffs 3 bluffs .. you already unloaded the cannon on the first shot

wonder if the villain had a read on you like that's AK shoving a missed flop .. I'm calling my pair ..This is a Safe Flop

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One reason to 3 bet small you keep him in with all kinds of hands. I am also surprised the initial limper didn't call your three bet as well. On the flop with two over cards and a back door flush draw you could maybe raise small.

His lead on this board against a component opponent usually would mean a weakfish made hand or a draw like T9 or 87, 76s or TJs. But since it is a free roll who know what it means. I would probably just call.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With your bet pre-flop you only made a BB and a limper to call. If you like a play like bet pre-flop and on flop all-in you should bet more. But either ways on the flop the KK's would call your raise/all-in. But you miss played your hand there, you should only call the flop and fold on turn/ or check-check if he decide to check but i'm pretty sure he would go all in on turn. So in my opinion you miss played your hand.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had good and bad luck with AKs. If possible, I like to seethe flop before I decide what to do next.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
AK in freerolls have to be played all in at the beginning because more players have not enything too loose and gives a call.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make it bigger preflop, fold on the flop there when you dont hit, eventually see one more card. No use risking 70BBs on that hand.