$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Freeroll club cards chat

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the question is who cleans up ATo (so far so good) hits the A on the flop, takes a C-bet and reraises with a dry board?

so far i'm trying to find an explanation for this move, why: with what range do i reraise that spot? and with what range do I go allin over the villain's tribet?
he wouldn’t draw any lesser hands ... and would only call losing.
How should I make a note of this villain? I was playing a lot of hands and a lot of looose but I wasn't expecting that move ... I think it's fish, isn't it ?:

pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Pepitcho23 (UTG): 3,562 (71 bb)
MoroccoRocks (UTG+1): 3,202 (64 bb)
valeski 28 (MP): 3,685 (74 bb)
1Milhão$emNada (MP+1): 2,572 (51 bb)
ricsi1987 (LP): 2,895 (58 bb)
skazkaden (CO): 2,133 (43 bb)
Alienat3d (BU): 3,295 (66 bb)
Edgerik (SB): 2,731 (55 bb)
Dejange (BB): 2,925 (59 bb)

Pre-Flop: (75) Hero (1Milhão$emNada) is MP+1 with K K
3 players fold, 1Milhão$emNada (MP+1) raises to 150, 1 fold, skazkaden (CO) calls 150, 3 players fold

Flop: (375) A 3 2 (2 players)
1Milhão$emNada (MP+1) bets 244, skazkaden (CO) raises to 529, 1Milhão$emNada (MP+1) raises to 2,422 (all-in), skazkaden (CO) calls 1,454 (all-in)

Turn: (4,341) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (4,341) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 4,341

Showdown:
1Milhão$emNada (MP+1) shows K K (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 10%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

skazkaden (CO) shows T A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 90%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

skazkaden (CO) wins 4,341

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the question is who clears the ATo (so far it's not so bad) hits the A on the flop, suffers a C-bet and re-raises with a dry board?

So far, I am trying to find an explanation for this move. Why: with what reach do I raise this point? and with what range of hands do I go with all the chips in his raise?
he would not draw any losing (weak) hands ... and pay only losers.
How should I write this villain down? He was playing a lot of hands and very loose, but I didn't expect this move ... I think it's fish, isn't it?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the text got a little confused but I improved it in some terms, I think ..:)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your thought process (unless the villain is super agg) is mostly correct on this hand but that does not justify your re-raise. You put him on some hand probably like 8s or 7s when he does this raise and that is fine (although sometimes people raise with a set no matter what the board is). My point, though, is if you think he never has an ace there why do you re-raise him? You will get him to fold out his mid pocket pairs or air which we do not want. The best course of action is in my opinion is to call here and let him hang himself. That way its possible for you to max value when you are good.

Also, was this player playing a lot of hands or were they nitty? The calling range of villain needs to be questioned here as well since you block the Kx calling range which leaves Ax and pocket pairs for the most part. With villain calling the raise I think we should at least consider the possibility villain has some Ax hand.

Another idea I will put out there is it is possible he thinks you have an ace (A7-A10) in your hand and he has something like A5 suited (everyone's new favorite hand). He would make this raise to try to slow you down (or get you to even fold), get you to check the turn so that he can see both the turn and river cards for only one bet. It would be almost like a limit poker move at that point. I'm not saying that is what I would put him but I do think there is a non zero chance of something like that being the case.

Last edited:
SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I wasn't expecting that move ..."
You must expecting anything from fish xD
But your push sometimes will be ok, because fish will call with pokets 44 or 55.

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent has A.
It’s not your right hand to play this hand.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I wasn't expecting that move ..."
You must expecting anything from fish xD
But your push sometimes will be ok, because fish will call with pokets 44 or 55.

so ... that's what I thought, with the villain's reraise I took him out of any A range and gave him more pairs, and also because of the way he was playing Loose Agressive well, I don't even know if that or fish ... but nevertheless confused me reading

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your time, and for the responses