$Freeroll NLHE MTT: Is folding with AKo the right move here?

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the hand replay, please check:
https://www.boomplayer.com/27825035_1FC04DF2A0

We are playing about 10min in the Cardschat 100$ daily freeroll. Can someone tell me if I made the right decision pre-flop to make a 4BB raise with AKo in UTG+1 and if I should have made a continuation bet on the flop, or to check and just call or raise UTG+2's bet of almost 7BB?

Flop :10h4: :8s4: :8c4:

My thoughts: I regret quite fast my fast check on the flop (I should have made a 3BB bet) and after the bet on the flop of UTG+2, I put him on something like 10J, on SB I had notes of loose play (his call was a weak sign) so I felt he was behind here. I folded because with just 6 outs it seemed too expensive to call 7BB and I felt UTG+2 wouldn't run away that fast. What are your thoughts?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good not to get too attached to AK if you miss the flop. Outs to top pair aren't that great.

J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And what plan to play with this AK deep x 2 players, with this flop?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the flop should have been bet in the course of,the turn we can check and watch the opponent's actions...

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A small continuation bet would've been ok there, but what happens if you check the turn? I think a pot size bet would have followed. BTW what was that SB doing?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did everything almost right.
Raising on the flop would be more correct. But most likely you would have received a call, from the person who was following you and maybe even 3bet.

Ace on the river should not be misleading - until the river you had nothing to play against two villains. With any aggression on their part, you should have thrown out your AK.

Yes, you could have won this hand, but the chances were not great.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps you are a little solution oriented. Early in a Cardschat free roll you can expect the table to be fairly loose. The flop leaves you with 2 overs and 6 cards to improve to top pair. The flop doesn't hit anyone's range particularly hard and its paired reducing the chance it hit anyone.

Check Fold is not horrible, but I C-bet and fold to a raise. As played Villain like calls and I'd check the turn and fold to a bet.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played well, you did the mail, that the A came out on the river, does not mean you played poorly, good hand.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A small continuation bet would've been ok there, but what happens if you check the turn? I think a pot size bet would have followed. BTW what was that SB doing?
If on the turn I don't hit an A or K and I check, I agree I would probably run up against a pot bet so maybe my check/fold was not that bad after all. But at least then I would have seen a turn card. About the SB, he was playing so loose that his tournament was finished after 20 min... But before he stole another 700 from my stack when he went all-in pre flop with 33 and I called him with 99. First card of the flop... 3! When fish get lucky...

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played well, you did the mail, that the A came out on the river, does not mean you played poorly, good hand.
Yes I know the chances of hitting the A or K are low but when they do come and your out, it's always bitter. But thanks!

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps you are a little solution oriented. Early in a Cardschat free roll you can expect the table to be fairly loose. The flop leaves you with 2 overs and 6 cards to improve to top pair. The flop doesn't hit anyone's range particularly hard and its paired reducing the chance it hit anyone.

Check Fold is not horrible, but I C-bet and fold to a raise. As played Villain like calls and I'd check the turn and fold to a bet.
Yes, I agree with you about the loose play in freeroll tournaments in the beginning. Of SB I knew he was playing like that. The other villain was playing more tight so his bet was one to take into account anyway, that's why I folded. But I agree a C-bet would have been a better move than to check on the flop.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the hand replay, please check:
https://www.boomplayer.com/27825035_1FC04DF2A0

We are playing about 10min in the Cardschat 100$ daily freeroll. Can someone tell me if I made the right decision pre-flop to make a 4BB raise with AKo in UTG+1 and if I should have made a continuation bet on the flop, or to check and just call or raise UTG+2's bet of almost 7BB?

Flop :10h4: :8s4: :8c4:

My thoughts: I regret quite fast my fast check on the flop (I should have made a 3BB bet) and after the bet on the flop of UTG+2, I put him on something like 10J, on SB I had notes of loose play (his call was a weak sign) so I felt he was behind here. I folded because with just 6 outs it seemed too expensive to call 7BB and I felt UTG+2 wouldn't run away that fast. What are your thoughts?

You made a good fold, what else is there to say. The player to your left hit the 10 and I think even if you make a continuation bet post flop you still would get called by him considering he called your 3-bet. Don't think he would've put you guys on an 8 either. Great fold man!

Last edited:
G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And what plan to play with this AK deep x 2 players, with this flop?
I agree with you there is not much of a plan here with AKo, at least if you have serious hints villain hit an 10 or 8 on the flop. But if they didn't hit, you are probably still leading with AK. So a c-bet of 2 or 3BB on the flop would have been smarter to get a call and not a 7BB bet in order to see the turn.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made a good fold, what else is there to say. The player to your left had a straight and I think even if you make a continuation bet post flop you still would get called by him considering he called your 3-bet. With you and the SB in, He was probably thinking you and SB have over cards on him anyway and this board gave him a draw. Don't think he would've put you guys on an 8 either. Great fold man!
Thanks, but what do you mean, the player on your left had a straight?

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, but what do you mean, the player on your left had a straight?

Sorry about that, I thought he hit a straight. But he hit a 10 right? Let's say you make that C-Bet, the turn gives him a straight draw (I ment to say) and he has top pair plus pot committed after calling your C-bet (I think would've called your C-bet). The only way you win this hand is if you would have pushed all in post flop. All in all, you had the best hand.

Folding in Poker